Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I am a speed-demon. I fully and freely admit it. One reason that I bought the car I have is the turbo and the larger engine in addition to the famed Volvo safety features.

Be that all as it may, I also strive to be a careful and conscientious driver. I only pass on the left unless extreme circumstances dictate otherwise. I always give a safe following distance. I always use my blinkers. Always! No, I'm not kidding.

So I'd like to know what I've done to earn the obvious karma crap points I've got right now. First there was the hit-&-run smashing of my back driver's side tail-light and quarter-panel which set my insurance company back $3K and me about $350. There're the idiots who have no idea how to handle a 4-way stop. Of course there's an alternative explanation for that one: I just keep getting to these intersections with folks who believe they're more important than me (damned delusional idiots).

But the one that chaps my hide beyond all measure of reason is the following. I'm speeding along (exactly how fast is immaterial, but suffice it to say safe for conditions and faster if my kid's not in the car) and someone pulls up behind me. If possible, I will pull over immediately, if not I do so at the nearest opportunity.

Great. That driver was going much faster than I as evidenced by the way they caught up to me. Now I've pulled over. You'd think they'd speed off ahead.

But no, lately I've been plagued by folks who immediately start to match the speed I'm doing in the right hand lane.

W!
T!!
F!!!

Is up with that?!?!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement