Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TeraGram Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 207  
Subject: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 9/1/2005 6:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I am a speed-demon. I fully and freely admit it. One reason that I bought the car I have is the turbo and the larger engine in addition to the famed Volvo safety features.

Be that all as it may, I also strive to be a careful and conscientious driver. I only pass on the left unless extreme circumstances dictate otherwise. I always give a safe following distance. I always use my blinkers. Always! No, I'm not kidding.

So I'd like to know what I've done to earn the obvious karma crap points I've got right now. First there was the hit-&-run smashing of my back driver's side tail-light and quarter-panel which set my insurance company back $3K and me about $350. There're the idiots who have no idea how to handle a 4-way stop. Of course there's an alternative explanation for that one: I just keep getting to these intersections with folks who believe they're more important than me (damned delusional idiots).

But the one that chaps my hide beyond all measure of reason is the following. I'm speeding along (exactly how fast is immaterial, but suffice it to say safe for conditions and faster if my kid's not in the car) and someone pulls up behind me. If possible, I will pull over immediately, if not I do so at the nearest opportunity.

Great. That driver was going much faster than I as evidenced by the way they caught up to me. Now I've pulled over. You'd think they'd speed off ahead.

But no, lately I've been plagued by folks who immediately start to match the speed I'm doing in the right hand lane.

W!
T!!
F!!!

Is up with that?!?!

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 165 of 207
Subject: Re: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 9/1/2005 6:13 PM
Recommendations: 0
I hear ya! As the saying goes, anyone who drives slower than me is an moron, anyone who drives faster is a dangerous idiot! If the dangerous idiot sees a need to come roaring up behind me, I'm going to get the heck out of their way (I'm not suicidal, and I would expect them to do the same if I was the dangerous idiot.) But lately I've been seeing the same delusional behavior you're seeing.

Maybe they're teaching an "advanced dangerous idiocy" technique at driving schools?

Mike

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 166 of 207
Subject: Re: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 9/2/2005 10:17 AM
Great. That driver was going much faster than I as evidenced by the way they caught up to me. Now I've pulled over. You'd think they'd speed off ahead.

But no, lately I've been plagued by folks who immediately start to match the speed I'm doing in the right hand lane.

W!
T!!
F!!!

Is up with that?!?!

You were the front person who would be the person who gets caught by the police for speeding. They're unwilling to be the leader. When you pull into the right lane, they're stuck out there and don't know what to do. They won't pass you because then their arse in on the line.

I had an interesting experience several years ago. I was cruising through West Virgina at about 80 mph late at night on the interstate. That is a pretty fast speed for their winding roads. When I am driving late at night, I don't like someone following close behind. I passed someone on the highway. They accelerated and started following me just a few car lengths back. I got tired of it so I pulled over at the next rest stop. The offender pulling into the rest area too. When I came out of the bathroom, I could see him sitting in his car waiting for me. I sat down of a bench and waited. Eventually he got tired of waiting, started up his engine and got back on the highway.

IF

Author: TeraGram Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167 of 207
Subject: Re: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 9/2/2005 12:22 PM
You were the front person who would be the person who gets caught by the police for speeding. They're unwilling to be the leader. When you pull into the right lane, they're stuck out there and don't know what to do. They won't pass you because then their arse in on the line.

Yeah, I suppose that's it.

What fries me about this is that the majority of the time these jerks are riding my ass so tight that I can barely see their grille in my rearview mirror.

GAH!

I swear I'm gonna get a Goosh Gun installed in my trunk. Get too close to my tail-end and I'll blast your car with sticky goo that'll require several carcinogenic chemicals to remove.

- T.

Author: Abfacken Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190 of 207
Subject: Re: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 12/22/2005 7:59 PM
> I was cruising through West Virgina at about 80 mph late at night on the interstate. That is a pretty fast speed for their winding roads.

Doesn't seem that fast. I did the interstate thing in western MD, and those roads are good for 105.

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191 of 207
Subject: Re: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 12/23/2005 12:49 AM
Doesn't seem that fast. I did the interstate thing in western MD, and those roads are good for 105.

That would depend on the vehicle you are driving. Easy with a sports car, plenty of lean in the corners with an SUV.

IF

Author: Abfacken Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 192 of 207
Subject: Re: PASS DAMNIT! Date: 12/23/2005 2:43 AM
> That would depend on the vehicle you are driving. Easy with a sports car, plenty of lean in the corners with an SUV.

Does a Jetta count?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement