UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BobbysPapa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1874  
Subject: Password not working? Date: 2/27/2011 1:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My kids did something when they shut down the computer while Money was running, and now when I start up the program I get a message box saying that since the file was not closed before exiting, Money now needs to verify the file, and do I want to continue. I click yes, and it says my password is incorrect. I am at a loss as to what to do from here....I checked the help file, but don't see any help there.....anyone here encounter a problem like this?

Mike in NJ
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VikingErik Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873 of 1874
Subject: Re: Password not working? Date: 2/27/2011 7:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Before you do anything else - might there be an intact backup copy of the file that hasn't been overwritten yet? Money keeps a backup by default in the same directory with a .mbf extension. I think you can just rename it back to .mny, or else Money has a "revert to backup" option somewhere.

Afraid that's all I've got though, other than the obvious are you sure that's the right password.

- Erik

Author: BobbysPapa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874 of 1874
Subject: Re: Password not working? Date: 2/28/2011 12:59 PM
Thanks Erik! I used the Restore From Backup option, as you suggested.... the only problem was that the last time I backed up was 1-24-11....so now I have to go back and find a month's worth of transactions and enter them! I guess it's better than nothing, I just wish I knew what happened so it doesn't happen again!

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Mike in NJ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement