Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mauser96 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 203699  
Subject: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/16/2012 7:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2012/04/16/apple-suffer... Nothing has changed about the fundamentals. The price got too high too quick, it got too easy to make money buying AAPL. Mr Market always steps in when this happens. Of course when a stock has been going up, point declines are less meaningful. There were quite a few of these events in 2011, each of which marked a decent time to buy for investors with a time horizon longer than a few weeks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mauser96 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182892 of 203699
Subject: Re: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/16/2012 8:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip659566

Berman's call
"Apple margins are not sustainable" Probably true, but if they decline gradually stockholders will be OK as long as the volume increases enough to compensate. Apple's willingness to accept lower margins on the iPad in return for market domination means that Apple management knows this.

The constant references in the media to $1 trillion market cap are meaningless. They seize on it because it's a nice round number.

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182897 of 203699
Subject: Re: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/17/2012 3:46 AM
Aren't these called Buying Opportunities?

Author: MajorBob04 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Mission Olympia 2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182899 of 203699
Subject: Re: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/17/2012 10:08 AM
Recommendations: 0
Aren't these called Buying Opportunities?

Agreed, I think these are great buying opportunities. It may not pay off in the short-term because I think we're due for a further correction and the summer months tend to be slow ("Sell in May and stay away"). But longer term I don't see any major change to their fundamentals that would warrant this drop. Just wait until the next earnings announcement (or two) to see if the volumes and margins actually drop that much.

I work in IT Consulting and I continue to see more and more corporations buying iPads and enabling iPhones to support their businesses. There are many other mobile platforms, but none of them catch people's attention consistently the way that iPads and iPhones do.

MajorBob
Long AAPL (and just bought more this morning)

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182903 of 203699
Subject: Re: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/17/2012 11:58 AM
Recommendations: 1
I work in IT Consulting and I continue to see more and more corporations buying iPads and enabling iPhones to support their businesses. There are many other mobile platforms, but none of them catch people's attention consistently the way that iPads and iPhones do.

Some more signs are how many iPads we're seeing on all the TV shows, product placement, no doubt, but also locally, Sheriff's office dove in, from secretary to out in the field, Photography, add an EyeFi card to my Nikon, it links and syncs to the iPad as the pics are taken… I ee other tablets, but none with all the abilities we see in the iPad.. fun to watch..

I retired after 40 years in telecom, over a decade now, so I'm not trading, just holding from way, way back, in near 20, before all the splits, peeled my initial dollars long time back, so it's all good… 3% swings still brings back the olden days of serious dives.. Hang on and see where we go!

weco

Author: pricejh61 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182904 of 203699
Subject: Re: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/17/2012 12:12 PM
Yes, a good opportunity. Just added to my position. Increased my already overweight position. Oh, well....This one I believe will pay off.

Author: mauser96 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182907 of 203699
Subject: Re: past AAPL price declines Date: 4/17/2012 3:11 PM
"constant references to $1 trillion"

it does sound good but probably only a quarter of adults even knows what a trillion means http://vimeo.com/4428480
which is one reason why I cringe a bit every time I hear a politician talking about trillions, which apparently has relevancy only in Washington DC.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement