Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I believe I have figured out why the Flames suck. To use a word, it is "patsy", as in the team is full of them, specifically on defence. I've been able to watch the last three games and in each the other team continues to bump, blindside, and swat the Kipper. He even became his own enforcer trying to punch a Nashville player while lying prone on the ice. Of course not one Flame(r) came to his aid, or even bothered trying to stir things up.

As of this morning Calgary was first (last?) in PIMs with 267 (the next closest team has over 300), was first/last in PIMs per game, and according to the telecast tonight was the least penalized team over the last week or so.

I was looking at Montreal and why they improved, addin the most underrated defensive forward in the NHL and one of the best light heavyweights Brandon Prust. If he doesn't get looked at for the Selke trophy then I may give up watching hockey. PK Subban is another tough guy on the blueline that can play, and Gallagher is a young kid that likes to stir s%#@ up whenever he gets the chance.

Boston? Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Mcquaid. Do I need to go on?

Toronto has really improved over the bunch of douche bag Euro/Ruskies they been playing with. Orr, Fraser, McLaren, Phaneuf... plenty of tough guys to knock the day lights out of an opponent.

How bout Florida, where are they in the standings? Maybe this is why...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brendan-shanaha...
Note how after Rick Nash (usually a pretend power forward but turned softie) delivers a flying elbow smash to the head of his unsuspecting opponent the Florida Panthers gather round to offer him beer, party girls, and invites to the ESPY's. What an entire waste of a hockey team, I can't believe I wasted 7 years living in Ft. Lauderdale watching that team. Paul Laus is probably having trouble sleeping after watching his old team roll over and do nothing.

Let's check the Flames blueline: Bouw-loser (big guy, long reach, plays like a wet noodle), Wideman (see Bouw-loser), Giordano (the Flames traded Phaneuf because of this guy???... ugh), Brodie (who?), Smith (see Brodie).

A complete waste of millions of dollars for a bunch of guys to stand around and let their goalie get run over three to four times per period. Watch out though because the Flames added Brian McGrattan recently and the whopping three minutes a game he gets is really sending chills down the spines of Flame(r) opponents.

A tough team is a tough team to play against because the skill guys know they have somebody looking after them. A wet-noodle team (Calgary, Florida) has everyone running scared that a glove may get rubbed in their face at some point. Almost every successful team is able to demonstrate toughness. Detroit through the late 90's and 00's didn't have a super heavyweight but showed plenty of moxie against Colorado back in the day. The Oilers, Canadiens, and Flames of yesteryear had enough tough guys to start a world war.

The only GM that could be worse for Calgary than Riseborough is Feaster and he's busy running the team. Yuck.

-canam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement