Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
paul

Thanks very much. I took a look at the products Allianz offers and this seemed to be by best guess at what this couple bought.

https://www.allianzlife.com/Products/FixedIndexAnnuities/Pro...

Not much info on that page so I must have google searched the product for more info on it. As I said - it's my best guess based on the scant/inadequate info that I was told.

I feel like this couple was looking for "approval" from me - after the fact. I really could not comment as I don't know annuities, at all. But I feel bad now.

Had I known that they were going to proceed with an annuity? I would have suggested a call to Vanguard. As it was I merely ordered them Jane Bryant Quinn's book Making the Most of Your Money hoping that they would then drop the idea. I guess that info didn't resonate with them.

And honestly, now that the policy is already purchased, do I even want to know any more about it? I don't think so. It's done.

Frustrating though. I know they were looking for more monthly income.

If the annuity is the one above? How bad is it? They are 67 and 68. I don't know if it is inflation indexed or any other detail.

Thanks again.

ML

ps My google search on Allianz brought up lots of links to scams, frauds, etc. Is it that bad re Allianz, generally?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement