UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734382  
Subject: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/11/2013 5:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
February 11th – The resignation of Pope Benedict XVI is providing a golden opportunity for Catholic-bashers. There are calls from the media for the church to now “modernize.” And many are focusing again on the pedophilia scandals. So there are vile tweets ripping this Pope and Catholics in general. First things first. Priests who engage in pedophilia are the scum of the earth. But these same anti-Catholic folks seem less concerned about this happening elsewhere. A John Jay College of Criminal Justice report reveals school teachers sexually abuse children at a higher rate than Catholic priests. Other studies support this as well. This same report shows twice the rate of child sexual abuse from the general male population. Is the Catholic Church perfect? Hardly. As with any organization it includes highly imperfect members. But the left is engaged in an ongoing culture war and no traditional institution is safe. Just ask the Boy Scouts. Blasphemy to this crowd is the refusal to kneel before their godless altar of big government. P

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/382186_...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: icono5 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671210 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/11/2013 10:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
You're omitting the key distinction, of course, Josh. Abusive schoolteachers get prosecuted; abusive Scoutmasters get prosecuted. Abusive priests, almost to a one, got the Catholic equivalent of golden parachutes and complete insulation from justice. And, not incidentally to this discussion, Ratzinger led the official Vatican effort to ensure that horrific acts of rape against children were treated as internal affairs of the Church--an insistence that served no possible definition of justice, but rather the Church's desire to protect its, ahem, infallibility.

Simply disgusting. So yes, bring on those "vile" tweets. You and Paula, among others, will have to live with them as the price to be paid for decades of moral degradation by men with consummate power.

Steve

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671223 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/12/2013 12:06 AM
Recommendations: 0
"You're omitting the key distinction, of course, Josh. Abusive schoolteachers get prosecuted; abusive Scoutmasters get prosecuted. Abusive priests, almost to a one, got the Catholic equivalent of golden parachutes and complete insulation from justice. And, not incidentally to this discussion, Ratzinger led the official Vatican effort to ensure that horrific acts of rape against children were treated as internal affairs of the Church--an insistence that served no possible definition of justice, but rather the Church's desire to protect its, ahem, infallibility. Simply disgusting. So yes, bring on those "vile" tweets. You and Paula, among others, will have to live with them as the price to be paid for decades of moral degradation by men with consummate power."
Steve

--------------

The priesthood was a great place to hang out if you weren't interested in being married - life if your sexual predilections were other than straight heterosexual marriage oriented. If you were gay you could be a priest and hopefully there would be other gay priests to be friends with and no one would question plus you get all the recognition and accolades that go along with being a priest. No one would question why you weren't married?

Art

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671511 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/13/2013 10:09 PM
Recommendations: 1
You're omitting the key distinction, of course, Josh. Abusive schoolteachers get prosecuted; abusive Scoutmasters get prosecuted. Abusive priests, almost to a one, got the Catholic equivalent of golden parachutes and complete insulation from justice. And, not incidentally to this discussion, Ratzinger led the official Vatican effort to ensure that horrific acts of rape against children were treated as internal affairs of the Church--an insistence that served no possible definition of justice, but rather the Church's desire to protect its, ahem, infallibility.

Simply disgusting. So yes, bring on those "vile" tweets. You and Paula, among others, will have to live with them as the price to be paid for decades of moral degradation by men with consummate power.

Bingo.

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671512 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/13/2013 10:11 PM
The priesthood was a great place to hang out if you weren't interested in being married - life if your sexual predilections were other than straight heterosexual marriage oriented. If you were gay you could be a priest and hopefully there would be other gay priests to be friends with and no one would question plus you get all the recognition and accolades that go along with being a priest. No one would question why you weren't married?

Art

When I lived in Cleveland, there was this one gay priest from a very prominent local church who was notorious for hanging out in parks and picking up guys for sex. I don't know if any of his parishioners knew about it, but the entire gay male community sure did.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671524 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 12:12 AM
"When I lived in Cleveland, there was this one gay priest from a very prominent local church who was notorious for hanging out in parks and picking up guys for sex. I don't know if any of his parishioners knew about it, but the entire gay male community sure did." - andrew
----------------------------------------------

My friend who is gay had a friend in New York who was a school teacher who only had sex with priests. That is what he liked, priests. I guess it was sort of like a fetish or something?

I suppose back in the olden days when being gay was considered to be a really bad thing the priesthood was a place where you could hide out and not get married and your non-married status would be accepted - and in fact people would treat you with respect and honor because you were a priest, even though you became a priest because you had no interest in being with a woman.

Art

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671525 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 12:20 AM
""When I lived in Cleveland, there was this one gay priest from a very prominent local church who was notorious for hanging out in parks and picking up guys for sex. I don't know if any of his parishioners knew about it, but the entire gay male community sure did." - andrew
----------------------------------------------

My step brother Bill was gay and he joined the Navy during the Viet Nam war. He was out on a ship for months at a time when he was in the Navy. After he got out of the Navy he and a Navy friend of his got a little house in Atlanta, Georgia. Then Bill went wild and became promiscuous and moved to Ft. Lauderdale, then New York City, and then Chicago. We lost track of him.

He told everyone that he as an Interior Decorator but I suspicion that he made money by being a male prostitute too. He was born in 1947 so he was the right age to become HIV infected during the early days of the AIDS epidemic. We don't know what happened to him or even if he is still alive. Linda has tried to find him because she was close to him but even with the internet we have lost contact with him.

Art

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671526 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 12:36 AM
He told everyone that he as an Interior Decorator but I suspicion that he made money by being a male prostitute too. He was born in 1947 so he was the right age to become HIV infected during the early days of the AIDS epidemic. We don't know what happened to him or even if he is still alive. Linda has tried to find him because she was close to him but even with the internet we have lost contact with him.

Art

Have you tried checking the Social Security Death Index? If he died and had a SS number, there will probably be a listing for him.

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://f...

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671527 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 1:21 AM
"Have you tried checking the Social Security Death Index? If he died and had a SS number, there will probably be a listing for him.

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://f...... andrew

We tried that but his name was confused because he went by several different names. He was born out of wedlock with one name but adopted later on by his stepfather then stepfather died and then he lived with my father for years but my father never adopted him legally. So he actually had several names. Don't want to post it on the board here but trust me - it's a mess. He could of used any of his names. We tried looking at the SS death index but couldn't find him under any of those names; but there are quite a few people who have his same exact name only with different birthdates.

Art

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671528 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 1:33 AM
If he died and had a SS number, there will probably be a listing

I believe that to be listed, it is necessary for the person to have been receiving SS payments and not just have a SS number.

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671576 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 5:18 PM
I believe that to be listed, it is necessary for the person to have been receiving SS payments and not just have a SS number.

Based on people I've looked up and found, I'm positive that isn't true.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671580 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 5:59 PM
"I believe that to be listed, it is necessary for the person to have been receiving SS payments and not just have a SS number."
---------------------
"Based on people I've looked up and found, I'm positive that isn't true." - andrew

--------------------

Our problem in looking up our stepbrother is that there are a plethora of people with the same name(s) as him. We also don't really know which one he might have used. His original father skipped out on his mother and then he was adopted by a 2nd "father" - who died in a plane crash - and then when he was 11 his drunken mean alcoholic mother married my father.

So the truth is we don't know where the hell he is; and to be honest I don't really care all that much. Linda was closer to him than I was. She has made some effort to find him but without success.

Art

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671586 of 734382
Subject: Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date: 2/14/2013 7:06 PM
Based on people I've looked up and found, I'm positive that isn't true.

Interesting, my results have been different. It maybe based on time.

Funeral homes now report deaths to Social Security. It appears that as long as the death was reported to Social Security, the person is listed.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement