UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: isawbones Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741477  
Subject: Peace is dead Date: 11/22/2012 1:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/peace-turkey-pardoned-...

A turkey pardoned by President Obama last year was euthanized Monday, and officials are insisting the timing of the death -- days before the Thanksgiving holiday -- is not suspicious.

Washington -- Peace, one of two turkeys pardoned by President Obama last year, was euthanized Monday, according to an official who insisted the timing of the death - days before the Thanksgiving holiday - was not suspicious.

Rebecca Aloisi, vice president for marketing at the Mount Vernon Estate, confirmed that Peace had been dead after a weekend "illness." But Aloise knew neither the nature of the illness, the manner of death, nor what had been done with the remains of the large, edible bird.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656551 of 741477
Subject: Re: Peace is dead Date: 11/22/2012 7:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
What a synchro! This morning when. I saw a photo of the turkey, o and his two daughters, I wondered to myself if the pardon was just a short term thing, like who checks up on these things?

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656552 of 741477
Subject: Re: Peace is dead Date: 11/22/2012 7:50 PM
Since when do they call a turkey dieing of unnamed causes "edible".

~aj

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656557 of 741477
Subject: Re: Peace is dead Date: 11/22/2012 8:16 PM
"Washington -- Peace, one of two turkeys pardoned by President Obama last year, was euthanized Monday, according to an official who insisted the timing of the death - days before the Thanksgiving holiday - was not suspicious.

Rebecca Aloisi, vice president for marketing at the Mount Vernon Estate, confirmed that Peace had been dead after a weekend "illness." But Aloise knew neither the nature of the illness, the manner of death, nor what had been done with the remains of the large, edible bird."

The turkeys we eat at Thanksgiving are nothing like the wild turkeys we see in the wild. They are selected for size and weight gain (feed conversion ratio) and appetite and breast size and are not designed to stand on their legs for too long and they are just generally pathologically genetically screwed up.

They aren't designed to live a long time. They are designed to put on weight and grow as fast as possible. ~ 1 lb of weight gain for every 2 pounds of feed they eat.

Broad Breasted White Turkeys Are Not A Qualified Breed : Rainbow ...
www.localharvest.org/blog/.../broad_breasted_white_turkeys_...
Jan 27, 2011 – The Broad-breasted White turkey is a commercial strain of turkey and ... to body weight gained (called the feed conversion ratio) is around 2:1.

Art

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656560 of 741477
Subject: Re: Peace is dead Date: 11/22/2012 8:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
All we are saying
Is give Peace a chance

All we are saying
Is give Peace a chance

All we are saying
Is give Peace a chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656562 of 741477
Subject: Re: Peace is dead Date: 11/22/2012 8:51 PM
Recommendations: 1
I'm surprised that I'm the only one to post this. It was pretty low hanging fruit.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement