No. of Recommendations: 0
Earlier this year I converted my regular IRA to a Roth IRA. Then later I found out you can't do this if your 1998 AGI will be over 100K. It's looking like my AGI will go over 100K.

So what happens now? Do I have to convert back to regular? Do I have to pay a penalty? How much? Can I pay a penalty and still keep it as a Roth? Do I get a choice? Anyone know? Anyone know where I can get an official ruling on this? Are the IRS rules posted anywhere on the web? Thanks Fools.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.