Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (94) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FULLERKZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195643  
Subject: Re: Archdiocese of L.A. to Pay $660 Mill for Abu Date: 7/16/2007 10:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
pennsy1tuckian,

Good one. I like the way you do homework.

"The commercial media, regardless of the "stream" with which it identifies itself exists for one purpose -- to sell advertising seconds. (or did you think Jeff Gordon really liked Pepsi that much?) They do whatever serves that end most efficiently. If Rush could sell more Select-Comfort beds reading from Mao's little red book, he would do it and do it well. If Olberman could sell more Ford trucks delivering self-indulgent bloviations condemning Hillary and Ted, he'd be bulging his eyes and flashing his teeth out of the right side of his mouth. Don't trust people who are paid to tell you lies so you will buy stuff! Enjoy the show if you wish, but don't confuse it with the world outside the screen."

I detect a sense of humor too. I get most of my news late. Though early in the morning I peruse the websites of MSNBC(best organized),FOX, and CNN to stay abreast any emergent situations, I take to heart what I frequently view on C-SPAN(no omissive editing,soundbytes,and digital alteration, often live)and because they show all political spectrums in full regalia. I am fortunate to have 3 C-SPAN channels. Occasionally for humor, I watch the evening news where I prefer the beleagured Katie Couric. I've noticed that I could go back and forth from Brian Williams and Charles Gibson but the common agenda and redundancy creates insomnia and Katie is pleasing to the eye. These guys(and gals) are really struggling since the 1970's when their ratings were in the 80's percentile range to now below 30 percentile. You are absolutely right. The sponsors will gravitate to where there are ears and eyeballs.

regards

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (94) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement