Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (94) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FULLERKZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195816  
Subject: Re: Archdiocese of L.A. to Pay $660 Mill for Abu Date: 7/15/2007 9:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Pennsy1tuckian,

Good response and grateful for learning a new word....Ephebophilia, also known as Phebophilia, Hebephilia, or Lolita Syndrome

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Ephebophilia

"So while teens are being sexually abused and deeply damaged every day, our response should be to attack the "MEDIA" for their bias against monotheistic religion?"

Yes. That's what I do. It is not intended to lighten or divert the attention and effort designed to correct the problem. It is intended to expose how the news is often reported through a cacaPHONY of soundbytes, digital alteration,and omissive editing.

I peruse other significant boards on the Motley Fool and I am unconcerned with political fall out be it left or right. I am convinced that the problems we face here at home and abroad, including the priest scandal are magnificently effected by media in its many forms. So powerful is this phenomena in that it has vast geopolitical consequence, including driving especially young people away from divine spirituality or into propgandist danger. The nerve of this irrespondsible, unnacountable industry to further undermine Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular. These are the same scaliwags that flushed the Holy Qur'an down the toilet. People died as a result.

Fortunately in America,and most of Europe,Asia and Australia we have modern telecommuncation infrastructure enabling a growing number of the populous to do their own homework when it comes to discovering the truth and interpreting current events. With the exception of Israel and Turkey, this is highly problematic in many countries of the Middle East and a motivating element in the perversion of Islam with obvious consequence.

Suggested Reading:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/imageviewer.asp?ean=9780641836046

"We need to look this problem in the face, ugly as it is."

Absolutely correct. And we start by defining and understanding the problem with a proper diagnosis in which the media can either facilitate or acerbate.

When I detect the latter, it will be exposed.

"I don't know if you are a homophobe or not."

Now you're smarter than that. Rest assured, I am not. For the sake of brevity, we will adress this issue at another time.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (94) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement