UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62065  
Subject: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 12:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gmcMAe5pE8...

he state-by-state list, from happiest to least cheery:

1. Louisiana

2. Hawaii

3. Florida

4. Tennessee

5. Arizona

6. South Carolina

7. Mississippi

8. Montana

9. Alabama

10. Maine

11. Wyoming

12. Alaska

13. North Carolina

14. South Dakota

15. Texas

16. Idaho

17. Vermont

18. Arkansas

19. Georgia

20. Utah

21. Oklahoma

22. Delaware

23. Colorado

24. New Mexico

25. North Dakota

26. Minnesota

27. Virginia

28. New Hampshire

29. Wisconsin

30. Oregon

31. Iowa

32. Kansas

33. Nebraska

34. West Virginia

35. Kentucky

36. Washington

37. District of Columbia

38. Missouri

39. Nevada

40. Maryland

41. Pennsylvania

42. Rhode Island

43. Ohio

44. Massachusetts

45. Illinois

46. California

47. New Jersey

48. Indiana

49. Michigan

50. Connecticut

51. New York

intercst
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22222 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 12:35 AM
Recommendations: 0
WASHINGTON — A new study found that people who report more satisfaction with their lives live in states that score well on things like good schools, low crime and short commuting time, ...

Hmmmm... Arizona was ranked 5th but has among the poorest schools in the nation, high crime and long commuting time for most people who live near Phoenix or Tucson.

I can't imagine that Louisiana ranks high in good schools either.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22223 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 12:43 AM
Tennessee has pretty bad schools but it's okay in the other stuff. I'll tell you one thing, people who grow up in Tennessee really love Tennessee. That's how I ended up here. I married a girl from Tennessee and I have I feeling I'll be spending the rest of my life here.

Oh yeah, have I mentioned how much I hate winters in Tennessee? It looks like a gothic horror novel, grey skies, wet, cold, dreary, the trees look dead, and it's the kind of cold that sinks right to your bones. It won't warm up and be nice again till the middle of April. Spring, summer, and fall are beautiful in Tennessee but the winters are horrible.

Artie

Author: GuildWarsQueen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22225 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 8:55 AM
47. New Jersey

Sounds about right.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22230 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 10:06 AM
I think I could be pretty happy anywhere as long as I'm retired. And I will be in utter bliss when hubby is also retired. (I'm the opposite of those women who hate when their husbands retire and are "underfoot.")

This morning he's determining & submitting the last 5 final grades for fall semester (out of ~85 students), first time he's cut it so close to the deadline, and this afternoon finishing setting up a server for one of his spring classes. Then it's Christmas break--wahoo! Unfortunately, he has to spend most of it developing a new class and possibly helping a couple of students with research. Still, he can mostly do that at home and with no alarm clock. But with neither kid coming home for Christmas, we could've gone RVing in Florida instead of staying home, except for the work he has to do. sigh.

Author: CountUptoten Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22243 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 3:07 PM
Recommendations: 1
Art: Tennessee has pretty bad schools but it's okay in the other stuff. I'll tell you one thing, people who grow up in Tennessee really love Tennessee. That's how I ended up here. I married a girl from Tennessee and I have I feeling I'll be spending the rest of my life here.

I briefly knew a guy who married a girl from Tennessee. He liked to say Tennessee has beautiful horses and fast women. He knows the women are fast, because one of them caught him.

Count Uptoten

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22244 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 3:54 PM
I briefly knew a guy who married a girl from Tennessee. He liked to say Tennessee has beautiful horses and fast women. He knows the women are fast, because one of them caught him. - Count Uptoten
---------------

Tennessee has beautiful women. Hybrid vigor from a mixture of American Indian and Scot's-Irish. Scot's Irish men poured through the Cumberland Gap and there weren't enough women for each man so a lot of the men ended up mating with or marrying Indian women (or Melungeons) giving rise to a lot of very beautiful girls. That is why you will find a lot of very beautiful dark haired women in Tennessee.

Melungeons:
http://www.melungeons.com/

Art

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22245 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 6:38 PM
Recommendations: 2
Tennessee has beautiful women.

I don't think I've ever been anywhere that didn't have beautiful women... and I've been to a lot of places.

Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22246 of 62065
Subject: Re: People in Louisiana on drugs? Date: 12/18/2009 8:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
Hmmm I think this chart gives a whole new meaning to the term 'blue' state.

WWL in cheery, red hot AZ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement