UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nagdabbit Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10395  
Subject: Personal Accounting S/W Date: 6/27/2012 9:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone used AceMoney or Moneydance?

Been a Quicken user for years(!) - but, as most, dread that required upgrade to a newer version just to keep stock price downloading as a working feature. Not so concerned about bill pay etc - handle that on my own.

Read a review of these, as they seem to be stronger in the personal investing catagory than some of the others.

Am thinking of trying one, while still running Quicken to do a test drive...

Would appreciate feedback, if you are familiar with them!

nag
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9983 of 10395
Subject: Re: Personal Accounting S/W Date: 7/2/2012 1:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Been a Quicken user for years(!) - but, as most, dread that required upgrade to a newer version just to keep stock price downloading as a working feature.

In 2009, I made the decision that I'd rather download a .csv file of stock prices from Yahoo every day than upgrade Q2006 and see that Intuit broke something else that I use.

In 2010, I was delighted that the upgrade nags stopped happening. Now I don't want to upgrade because that will inevitably add back nagware, in addition to breaking whatever useful thing Intuit breaks while adding in stuff I don't care about.

A few weeks ago, I forgot myself and just clicked to download stock prices. It worked. It's been working ever since.

I speculate that there was a time window when the stock price download was disabled to try to force me to upgrade, and I outlasted it. Maybe it's a bug; I don't mind.

Now Q2006 is telling me I should set up downloads of transactions. I haven't tried it, since I'm not interested in downloading transactions from my financial institutions; but the action with the stock quotes makes me wonder whether it would work.

. . . and to think, if Intuit would have just made its upgrades *useful*, I'd still be paying for them.

Patzer

Author: nagdabbit Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9984 of 10395
Subject: Re: Personal Accounting S/W Date: 7/4/2012 8:17 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the interesting info!

I didn't know you could import the stock prices manually - am I understanding it correctly? I will have to find out how to do that.

I love Quicken, and also would pay for upgrades more often - if they were useful and didn't break anything. Now they are just something to dread.

I haven't looked into the other s/w's yet, but plan on it - just to see what's out there.

nag

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement