Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a sort of complex situation and would like some advice:

I am a professional currently employed by a company. I have maxed out my 403-b. I can afford to put more money into tax deferred retirement savings. I may have the option of setting up a personal corporation and contracting myself out to the company. In this way I could set up a SEP-IRA and may be able to put away more in tax deferred savings. In addition I could manage my own investments instead of choosing from mutual funds. There are of course other tradeoffs; like paying my own malpractice insurance, life and disabilty, etc.
Is this a wise idea? Are there other tax deferral options if I don't qualify for roth IRA, etc.? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.