Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: buy2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 80  
Subject: Personal Criteria Date: 8/6/2001 12:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've got a problem. I run my criteria screens every night and put the results into an excel spreadsheet by hand. When I go on vacation or out of town for work, the only way I can reconstruct the past is to change each of my criteria formulae to back up in time.

For example, as simple test is:

C > C1

This tests to see if today's closing price is greater than yesterday's closing price. So, if I went out of town for five days, I'd have to run the criteria for these cases:

C5 > C6
C4 > C5
C3 > C4
C2 > C3
C1 > C2
C > C1

Obviously, it wouldn't be too bad if this was the only formula I have to change, but I have to change at least 5 formulae. PLUS, doing this is prone to error. SO,

if Worden had the ability to set TODAY to Today - 5, etc. It would simplify the whole process immensely. Does anyone know if there is some capability I've missed that allows one to do this ?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: edMulroy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 80
Subject: Re: Personal Criteria Date: 8/6/2001 1:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have not found a capability to do that.

When I make a personal criteria I usually make a 10 days ago and 20 days ago version as well. You just copy the criteria, paste it into the other one and put either a '1' or a '2' in the criteria (for instance C2 becomes C12). I can then review what the results of the criteria were since it triggered.

. Ed

Author: buy2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44 of 80
Subject: Re: Personal Criteria Date: 8/6/2001 1:40 PM
I have not found a capability to do that.

When I make a personal criteria I usually make a 10 days ago and 20 days ago version as well. You just copy the criteria, paste it into the other one and put either a '1' or a '2' in the criteria (for instance C2 becomes C12). I can then review what the results of the criteria were since it triggered.

That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement