UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137  
Subject: Personal Disclosure is unFoolish Date: 2/1/2001 5:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Why would a company based upon long standing American ideals wish to simply toss them out the window at the expense of their own employees? Personal privacy is a key to what makes our country and most of our companies great. I am ashamed of TMF, as a company, for throwing the private information pertaining to their employees out into public view.

It is simply nobody's business what anyone at TMF holds in their PRIVATE portfolio. TMF's decision to force their employees to disclose any holdings they have in any investment truly is an abomination and should not be tolerated whatsoever. The TMF employees, as well as the rest of us red-blooded Americans, have every right to expect to have their financial standing be their own business and not flaunted in public view.

Since my first visit to fool.com, I have applauded TMF for being so open about their company holdings and plans but this should not, in my Not-So-Humble-Opinion, be forced upon the employees under them. It is sufficient for the readers of TMF to know that the company as a whole has enough faith in their collective decisions to invest real money that belongs to TMF without peering into any personal decisions by employees.

I hope the leadership at TMF reconsiders their breach of trust with their employees and allows anyone that wishes to keep their assets private and if they do not, I would hope their employees seek counsel to force the issue because it would be my best guess that these were not terms of employment and are indeed possibly illegal actions.

Not trying to start a revolt, just trying to help preserve some privacy.

Fool on,
catdaddy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement