Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally, I would recommend:
B. Open a 529 account in OH and make a $50 monthly contribution to avoid the annual fee. Take advantage of the OH tax deduction and split the account among my future children and my nieces and nephews at some point in the future.
You get a roughly 6% Ohio income tax deduction on the $600 (12x50).
You might also be able to change beneficiaries from them up and over to your own kids, which may make you want to contribute even more if you are planning to have kids some day. I say "up and over" because as I recall you may need to change the bene from them to their parents, and then to you, then to your kids, in direct links.
You also might pose the question on the savingforcollege discussion board.
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.