Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 13878  
Subject: Pet peeve: using itch to mean scratch Date: 10/10/2012 2:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
My five year olds have recently been asking me to itch their backs.

I cut them some slack because its not unusual for little kids to mix up words.

But it bugs me when adults do it.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12654 of 13878
Subject: Re: Pet peeve: using itch to mean scratch Date: 10/10/2012 2:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
When mine then three year old's back itched, she said it "sparkled".

~aj

Author: knighttof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12655 of 13878
Subject: Re: Pet peeve: using itch to mean scratch Date: 10/10/2012 12:45 PM
But it bugs me when adults do it.

+1. "Itch" for "scratch" is as bad as "learn" for "teach".

I have almost resigned myself to "we should have went" but not this, yet.

Author: laladonny Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12656 of 13878
Subject: Re: Pet peeve: using itch to mean scratch Date: 10/10/2012 7:27 PM
Recommendations: 0
On that same note, for a long time I've maintained that you're not a teacher unless the student is learning. Otherwise, you're an instructor.

~D

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12657 of 13878
Subject: Re: Pet peeve: using itch to mean scratch Date: 10/10/2012 8:58 PM
On that same note, for a long time I've maintained that you're not a teacher unless the student is learning. Otherwise, you're an instructor.

And true teachers are also continuing to learn.

sheila

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement