Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Draggon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 479  
Subject: Peter Jackson WILL make The Hobbit Date: 12/20/2007 9:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
As some of you speculated in the previous thread, it sounds like the kissing and making-upping has finally occurred... sort of...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/12/20/return-of-the-hobbit.aspx

Draggon
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Draggon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 467 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson WILL make The Hobbit Date: 12/20/2007 9:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
See also:

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Draggon

Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 468 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson WILL make The Hobbit Date: 12/20/2007 9:55 PM
Woohoo!!!

Double woohoo!!!

Hey, that article mentions two Hobbits, a sequel-to-the-prequel. I wonder what that'll all be about? Or if maybe they're splitting the book into two movies?

JT

Author: Draggon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 469 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson WILL make The Hobbit Date: 12/21/2007 6:43 AM
that article mentions two Hobbits, a sequel-to-the-prequel. I wonder what that'll all be about?

The reading I've done indicates that Peter Jackson intends for the second movie to "fill the gaps" between the Hobbit story and LotR. Somewhere I've been (would link if I could remember... ) mentioned that a lot of the material would come form the appendices of the various books.

I am so super-thrilled by this news. Movies in general have lost their luster for me after they quit releasing LotR movies on an annual basis... ;)

Draggon
- can feel a 12+ hour LotR-a-thon coming on (3 extended edition DVD's)

Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 470 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson WILL make The Hobbit Date: 12/21/2007 9:43 AM
The reading I've done indicates that Peter Jackson intends for the second movie to "fill the gaps" between the Hobbit story and LotR. Somewhere I've been (would link if I could remember... ) mentioned that a lot of the material would come form the appendices of the various books.

Sweet - can't wait!

- can feel a 12+ hour LotR-a-thon coming on (3 extended edition DVD's)

Totally. The year the extended version of RotK was released, it was released on December 14th. Guess what yours truly did on his birthday the next day (hint: he sure as hell didn't go to work)?

JT

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement