Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 479  
Subject: Peter Jackson will never work for me again Date: 1/11/2007 2:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
An escalation in the war of words between New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye and "Lord of the Rings" filmmaker Peter Jackson appears to be nixing any possible reconciliation between the two -- or any chance that Jackson will direct the trilogy's prequel, "The Hobbit."

In an interview with the Sci Fi Channel news service Sci Fi Wire, Shaye said Jackson will never make another movie for the studio and said the filmmaker just wants more money.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/film.hobbit.reut/index.html

Fuskie
Who thinks any future LotR theatrical efforts without Jackson's vision and artistic effects will bring fan disappointment...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 462 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson will never work for me again Date: 1/11/2007 2:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Who thinks any future LotR theatrical efforts without Jackson's vision and artistic effects will bring fan disappointment...

That will certainly play into it but IMO a bigger negative effect will be those luminaries (McKellen, artists Howe & the other guy, etc.) who refuse to work on a LotR film without Jackson on board.

JT

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 463 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson will never work for me again Date: 1/11/2007 3:42 PM
Remember, the entire technical production company, special effects, costuming, props department, etc., are Jackson's company.

Fuskie
Who notes that industry disputes between movie studios and artists over whether the books are cooked in the studios favor are not new and are not going away...

Author: sessionka One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 464 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson will never work for me again Date: 1/11/2007 4:59 PM
In an interview with the Sci Fi Channel news service Sci Fi Wire, Shaye said Jackson will never make another movie for the studio and said the filmmaker just wants more money.

When I was young and naive, I believed it when people made such statements. I've heard people say worse things about each other, and the next thing you know, they're kissing and making up (especially in Hollywood).

One thing though... Ian McKellan (sp) is getting older. By the time they do decide to do it with Jackson, he may not have the energy or desire to participate. That will make a difference to me.

Author: poorboythree Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 465 of 479
Subject: Re: Peter Jackson will never work for me again Date: 1/11/2007 10:29 PM
Probably just posturing. New Line would be stupid not to come to some sort of agreement on this.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement