Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: organjess One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121567  
Subject: Re: Partnerships and Schedule E ? Date: 4/4/2012 12:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Peter,
somehow every year I have a new question about my taxes. And the two times that I have posted on this board in actual genuine search of some guidance (because I have NO CLUE who to ask in real life!), I have been slammed for searching for free advice. I am sure tax professionals are great and I am sure there are smart ones out there who understand everything. I like to understand too. I like to know exactly what my financial decisions are doing and what the cause and effect of things are. I track my investments and small business transactions carefully and I have spent loads and loads of time reading all the IRS publications and trying to fill out the tax forms properly. I am not looking for free advice. I thought this board was a place where I could ask questions that I didn't understand and someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I was led to page one of the schedule E because someone posted on the Pro board for STON that their accountant told them that was where the real estate income would be reported while the other business income would be reported on p. 2. (Before reading that, I had reported both on p. 2.) I'm obviously in over my head on this one, although if the IRS gets mad at me for a $5 mistake....well, at this point, oh well.

If you could recommend any good tax professionals near Lincoln, NE I surely would appreciate it. I have asked a few local accountants about things and they never seem to understand my questions so I get easily frustrated. (They just plug things into the computer and they can't tell me WHY things happen, which is what I like to understand so I can judge ramifications of various decisions.) And I don't have time to call everyone in the state to find the one who knows about what I need to know. So a lead from you would be great, if you have one.

organjess
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement