UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950268  
Subject: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 4:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I hope your politcal predictions are better than your baseball

http://boards.fool.com/putting-my-marker-down-30250484.aspx?...

Giants will go to the World Series
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824307 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Rt I hope your political predictions are better than your baseball.

Me too.

Now that the season for the Nationals is over, I can admit that I was doubtful towards the end. They didn't have quite the magic over the last few weeks that they did earlier in the season.

The reality is that the Nats did better this year than any person could reasonably expect, and they will be stronger next year.

http://boards.fool.com/all-good-things-must-come-to-an-end-a...

Sorry, I'm rooting for the Cards. :-)

I can also admit that I'm shocked by the turn-around in the Presidential race. There is an evil part of me that would like to see Romney win so that the entire nation can see that he has nothing to offer. Nothing but more of the Bush supply-side idiocy that nearly sunk us the first time around.

Peter

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824317 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 4:49 PM
Recommendations: 44

There is an evil part of me that would like to see Romney win so that the entire nation can see that he has nothing to offer.

Not completely true. My income falls into the highest tax bracket, My kids can’t get Pell Grants, or Sec8 housing, and a 20% tax cut across the board would be a godsend for my finances. If Ryan eliminates Pell Grants altogether, it wouldn’t effect my family, nor would forcibly deporting every undocumented alien on a house to house search. Ryan can start with my house. Ryan’s plan gives me guaranteed Medicare for life after 65, and for a sum I can also have Medicare Adv. but everyone else (the entire population in the United States under 50) gets to go find their own deal; good luck with that folks. Ryan’s plan to go to war with Iran will not effect my kids either, my Son is past the draft age and my girls will be able to take the empty seats in college left behind by all the draftees. My girls won’t come home in boxes, the (republican's) boys will. Eliminate the CapGains? I own three properties, it works for me.

I just don’t believe in that kind of country.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824318 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 4:51 PM

Sorry, I'm rooting for the Cards. :-)

PS
Don't forget, the Giants took it away from the Reds @ Cincinnati, Three in a Row. The Reds havn't lost three in a row all year.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824327 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 5:05 PM
I can also admit that I'm shocked by the turn-around in the Presidential race. There is an evil part of me that would like to see Romney win so that the entire nation can see that he has nothing to offer. Nothing but more of the Bush supply-side idiocy that nearly sunk us the first time around.

Peter

Well that is basically what I resigned myself to with Obama. And did we ever get "No Change you can count".

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824340 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 6:28 PM
Rt Don't forget, the Giants took it away from the Reds @ Cincinnati, Three in a Row. The Reds haven't lost three in a row all year.

But the Giants have... :-)

Peter

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824341 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/13/2012 6:37 PM
Recommendations: 1

There has been no turn around. It didn't exist. You were sold a bill of goods by some pretty sophisticated people. This race was always a very close race with the edge to Romney. More later.

Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824471 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/14/2012 1:08 PM
There is an evil part of me that would like to see Romney win so that the entire nation can see that he has nothing to offer. Nothing but more of the Bush supply-side idiocy that nearly sunk us the first time around.

I had so many conversation with Nader supporters in 2000 who had the same ideas. Since then we have had Iraq and the wasted life and billions of the Iraq war, Roberts, Alito, the crash, Citizens United. They have all apologized to me since then.

Author: Rael137 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824499 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/14/2012 2:17 PM
Ryan’s plan to go to war with Iran will not effect my kids either, my Son is past the draft age and my girls will be able to take the empty seats in college left behind by all the draftees. My girls won’t come home in boxes, the (republican's) boys will.

Draft age can change if the need is there. We may find the limits of how far an all volunteer force can go even after using up the Nat'l Guard and Reserves.

Also, suppose the draft is expanded to women? There is a certain segment of the population that can't stomach the idea of women coming home in body bags or alive but in pieces, but they've also had 10+ years to get numb to the idea. After all it isn't as if they were in real "combat roles" right?

Or your kids may volunteer anyway.

I realize that wasn't your point at all. It just seems when we think we are safe or exempt then the ground shifts. Usually not in a good way.

Back to the main points you had... Such changes would affect me even less. Upper tax rates go down = yay! Eliminate mortgage deduction = don't use it now & wouldn't miss it. Start another big war = more work for me. Medicare changes = won't be an issue for 20+ years. Student aid changes = N/A.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824519 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/14/2012 4:12 PM
Rightime wrote: I just don’t believe in that kind of country.

You are welcome, in your own way, to make the kind of country you wish.

You can donate as much money as you wish to the charity(s) of your choice.

You can volunteer as much time as you wish to the needy causes of your choice.

You can give a full or partial scholarship to any needy child you can identify.

You (apparently) can afford the best medical care money can buy, so you don't have to dip into Medicare and take those dollars from others more needy.

Are you doing any of this? Probably not, because apparently you believe that Uncle Sam must do for you what you can or won't do yourself.

I just don't believe in that kind of country.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824520 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/14/2012 4:17 PM
Rael137 wrote: Eliminate mortgage deduction = don't use it now & wouldn't miss it.

Neither Romney nor Ryan EVER SAID that they would like to eliminate the MID for primary residences.

Romney said SEVERAL TIMES that he would eliminate the MID for second homes, on the premise that if you've got enough coin to afford a second home, you can pay the full freight for it.

I agree.

I hope Romney will have an opportunity on Tuesday, with multi-millions of Americans watching, to repeat yet again the distinction between primary and secondary residences.

I get so sick of the media misrepresenting so many aspects of the Conservative platform.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824690 of 1950268
Subject: Re: PeterRabbit: Putting my marker down Date: 10/15/2012 12:13 PM
Great post Rightime...

One of the best in a long time on these boards

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement