UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jerrymurphy Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37725  
Subject: Petition Obama Date: 12/4/2012 11:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-united-state...

There is a petition to allow the military to put their hands in their pockets. If we get 21,000 more signatures in the next 2 weeks we will get a response from the white house.

Yeah, there are bigger issues in life but the little things are important too.

CPT jerrymurphy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37394 of 37725
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/5/2012 2:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
There is a petition to allow the military to put their hands in their pockets. If we get 21,000 more signatures in the next 2 weeks we will get a response from the white house.

The response you'll get will be in form-letter style, written by a military liason staffer if you are lucky, that says the services handle these matters individually, but thanks for all you do.

Yes, there are bigger issues.

v/r
Tom

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37396 of 37725
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/5/2012 5:19 PM
Recommendations: 9
How about a petition to keep the White House's hands out of the military's pocket?

~aj

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37398 of 37725
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/6/2012 4:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Kahuna, CFA
Captain, Ret. "

Is that Army Captain, on Navy Captain?

~aj

Author: Commodore64 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37400 of 37725
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/7/2012 7:39 AM
Recommendations: 0
" How about a petition to keep the White House's hands out of the military's pocket?"

The military doesn't have a pocket. Neither does Obama.

The only pocket that the government dips it's hand into is that of the taxpayer.

Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37402 of 37725
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/7/2012 2:25 PM
Recommendations: 0

The only pocket that the government dips it's hand into is that of the taxpayer.

I kind of assumed Joe was talking about the military members' individual pockets, not the defense budget. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and also assume you aren't saying we don't count because our paycheck comes from the government...

v/r
Tom

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37403 of 37725
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/7/2012 4:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
" How about a petition to keep the White House's hands out of the military's pocket?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By 'military" I meant the collective total of servicemen, each of whom is a taxpayer.
And when military benefits are cut back, guess whose pocket is hurt by it.

~aj

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement