UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jerrymurphy Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37587  
Subject: Petition Obama Date: 12/4/2012 11:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-united-state...

There is a petition to allow the military to put their hands in their pockets. If we get 21,000 more signatures in the next 2 weeks we will get a response from the white house.

Yeah, there are bigger issues in life but the little things are important too.

CPT jerrymurphy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37394 of 37587
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/5/2012 2:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
There is a petition to allow the military to put their hands in their pockets. If we get 21,000 more signatures in the next 2 weeks we will get a response from the white house.

The response you'll get will be in form-letter style, written by a military liason staffer if you are lucky, that says the services handle these matters individually, but thanks for all you do.

Yes, there are bigger issues.

v/r
Tom

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37396 of 37587
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/5/2012 5:19 PM
Recommendations: 9
How about a petition to keep the White House's hands out of the military's pocket?

~aj

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37398 of 37587
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/6/2012 4:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Kahuna, CFA
Captain, Ret. "

Is that Army Captain, on Navy Captain?

~aj

Author: Commodore64 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37400 of 37587
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/7/2012 7:39 AM
Recommendations: 0
" How about a petition to keep the White House's hands out of the military's pocket?"

The military doesn't have a pocket. Neither does Obama.

The only pocket that the government dips it's hand into is that of the taxpayer.

Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37402 of 37587
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/7/2012 2:25 PM
Recommendations: 0

The only pocket that the government dips it's hand into is that of the taxpayer.

I kind of assumed Joe was talking about the military members' individual pockets, not the defense budget. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and also assume you aren't saying we don't count because our paycheck comes from the government...

v/r
Tom

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37403 of 37587
Subject: Re: Petition Obama Date: 12/7/2012 4:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
" How about a petition to keep the White House's hands out of the military's pocket?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By 'military" I meant the collective total of servicemen, each of whom is a taxpayer.
And when military benefits are cut back, guess whose pocket is hurt by it.

~aj

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement