Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A few questions....

1. Since I don't actually have the 1099-R for the Distribution, do I need to complete the 4852 that is suggested for when there is no 1099-R available ?

2. Box 7, selection 1 is for Early Distribution, except Roth.
My situation is a distribution from a Roth IRA, and I'm retired and over 59 1/2. Is this considered early Distribution because I'm taking the last $5K and it has not been in the account for 5 years ? If so, should I be using code J.

Finally, does this offset the penalties, etc. from reporting the excess contribution ?

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.