Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have a question about a 401k rollover. Last year, I did this using TurboTax and now this year I am trying to do it on my own...

In 1998 tax year, I had a 401k distribution (1099-R) and spread the payments over 4 years. The distribution then went into a ROTH account.

Here is my question:

Since this is year 2 of 4 payments (tax year 1999), what form must I use to report the 2nd payment? 1040? 1040EZ? And on what line do I report this info?

Thanks for your help in advance,

- Josh
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.