Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You'd also want to check on your US voting rights, again, which may vary by state. I know in MD we have overseas residents who can vote full ballots at their last MD domicile and others who are "Federal only," restricted to just President and Congressional ballots.

Before a US citizen or resident decides to become a ex-pat retiree, it's a good idea to establish "residency" in a non-income tax state such as Nevada, Texas, Alaska, etc.

I don't know the details. Why pay state income tax on your retirement earnings if you don't live there and don't have to?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.