Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22622  
Subject: Photo of those racist Israeli Jews Date: 9/7/2012 4:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On the back page of the front section of today's Wall Street Journal is a photo with this caption:

A girl tries on a gas mask at a distribution center in a Jerusalem mall in August. Official say some 60% of Israelis will have masks by next year.

Here's the photo: http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/WO-AL002_ISHOME_G_2...

I defy anyone to look at that photo and tell me that Jews are a race.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: markr33 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22046 of 22622
Subject: Re: Photo of those racist Israeli Jews Date: 9/10/2012 3:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Jews are a religion and a nation.

Of many races (probably all of them by now).

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22047 of 22622
Subject: Re: Photo of those racist Israeli Jews Date: 9/10/2012 3:26 PM
I agree, but that doesn't stop critics from claiming that Zionism is a racist ideology.

Author: elann Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22048 of 22622
Subject: Re: Photo of those racist Israeli Jews Date: 9/10/2012 11:03 PM
I agree, but that doesn't stop critics from claiming that Zionism is a racist ideology.

Unfortunately, Zionism is being taken over increasingly by right wing extremists. They pursue a desire to annex all the territory of the West Bank while denying the non-Jewish residents their civil rights. That is clearly a racist goal, and it taints all of Zionism.

On a separate note, those dark skinned Jews you show in the photo suffer terrible discrimination within Israel, based on the color of their skin. It isn't official state policy, but it happens a lot at the community level - with school enrollment, job discrimination, etc. No, Zionism is not a racist ideology IMO, but many followers are unabashed racists.

Elan

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22049 of 22622
Subject: Re: Photo of those racist Israeli Jews Date: 9/11/2012 8:51 AM
That is clearly a racist goal…

So you think Jews are a race?

many followers are unabashed racists.

Haven't you written that most Israeli's don't view themselves as racist, even though they behave otherwise?

Author: elann Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22051 of 22622
Subject: Re: Photo of those racist Israeli Jews Date: 9/11/2012 1:00 PM
That is clearly a racist goal…

So you think Jews are a race?

No, I don't. But that doesn't prevent too many Jews from having racist views. One has nothing to do with the other.

many followers are unabashed racists.

Haven't you written that most Israeli's don't view themselves as racist, even though they behave otherwise?

Yes,, I did. Among people I know there is racism, although the people don't realize that what they think and say is racist. In this response I'm referring to overt racism, both in the increasingly apartheid-like policies of the government toward the Palestinians, and in the day-to-day actions of Israelis against their own. Like the public school principal in Petah Tikvah who refuses to accept Ethiopian Jews at her school.

Elan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement