UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61967  
Subject: pickled peppers Date: 11/17/2012 8:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I had a few end of the garden peppers, mostly jalapeno and a few milder ones so I looked up a recipe for pickled peppers and found this. Of course I couldn't follow it exactly because I just can't do that! I didn't like how much sugar he seemed to use so I substituted some splenda with a little sugar, and I didn't have red pepper flakes so I left them off. He doesn't give measurements for the brine and of course I ended up with too much. I planned for a quart and pint, but there's almost always a bit left over liquid. So I rushed to the the pantry and pulled out a small jar and stuffed a bit of the solids in the jar to use up the left over vinegar.

video
http://allrecipes.com/video/732/pickled-peppers/detail.aspx?...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46250 of 61967
Subject: Re: pickled peppers Date: 11/17/2012 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Linda,
Today I poured the vinegar off some of the peppers you gave me and refilled the jar with some leftover pickling liquid from some store bought peppericini from Sam's Club. I save the vinegar I poured off by the way.

I'm well stocked on hot peppers by the way. I have a plethora of pickled peppers. Also some frozen fresh peppers too.

Art

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement