Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: wax Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 182  
Subject: Pitching CAPS Date: 11/10/2006 7:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
First off, several weeks ago I asked about the future of CAPS. As you will see, I got no response. So if this question could be answered I would appreciate it.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24734634

Secondly, there was an article this morning highlighing CAPS. The article, written by Tim Hanson is a promotional piece for CAPS. Here's a link.

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2006/commentary06110901.htm?source=mptoppromo

What I found strange was the time horizon for the blue chips the article listed...one year. I just thought that an odd time horizon for a blue chip but that's just me.

At any rate the article invites prospective CAPS users to provide their thoughts on which of the listed blue chips should be selected as the blue chip poster stock for 2007 by joining CAPS.

I have been around Fooldom for a very long time, and in all that time I have become quite used to an associated discussion board. CAPS is not like that.

There is this discussion board and there is the feedback discussion board. Other than that....just individual "pitches". And that's the part that is very confusing to me about CAPS.

If I make a pitch for a stock who sees it? How do they see it? What if I'm the only one that has picked that particular stock?

CAPS is not the normal Foolish experience that many folks have become familiar with because there is no platform for social interaction...individual pitches aren't seen by everyone, as far as know.

I understand that from a logistics perspective that probably isn't possible, I mean that was a problem when another website started this approach to investment selection in 1999, and it remains a problem for them to this today.

So my point is, that many folks that read Tim's article are going to be expecting a "normal" Foolish experience when they get to the CAPS site, only to find something quite different, a bit intimidating, and for the novice member …very very confusing.

Wax
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement