Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19255  
Subject: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/27/2001 8:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
In case you missed it, David Braze (Pixy on this board), is retiring from The Motley Fool. Let's give him a hearty THANKS!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7531 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/27/2001 9:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
It was my great pleasure to work with Pixy a lot when I was a Fool. Happy re-retirement!

Phil Marti

Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7532 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/27/2001 11:23 PM
Recommendations: 0
Pixy -

Gonna miss you! Best wishes in retirement...

PeppermintPatty

Author: jaroman Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7533 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 6:48 AM
Pixy/Dave,
I wanted to give you my personal thanks for your great work and the knowledge I have gleaned from your writing.
Best of luck.
Visit us...
jaroman

Author: walnutstreet Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7534 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 9:24 AM
Pixy,
All the best wishes for your retirement. I have always appreciated your calm, witty and accurate responses here. I also found your articles helpful and informative.

Good luck.

Author: fooldaveonce One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7535 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 10:52 AM
Dave/Pixy
Let me join the chorus wishing you the best years of your life during retirement and thank you most sincerely for your wit,wisdom and patience.

FoolDaveOnce

Author: JCorthell One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7536 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 11:27 AM
Yep, missed the announcement.

Dave (Pixy),

Thank you for all the retirement articles and posting on this
message board. You have provide me with information that was needed to make better financial decisions.

Jim Corthell

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7537 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 11:41 AM
Recommendations: 16
Thank you everyone for your kind comments and best wishes. As I said on another board, it's true I'm leaving paid employment to enter retirement for the third time in the past 15 years, but I can't really call my tenure at TMF "labor" in the true sense of the word. Sure I got paid, but I "toiled" from home at my own pace doing my own thing. Fortunately, my desires coincided with TMF's goal: To educate, amuse and enrich.

I've had fun, and along the way I hope I have met that goal for some. And while I may disappear as a regular columnist, I will still be lurking and contributing on various boards. It's been a pleasure for me to try and help others learn more about personal financial planning matters. To learn I actually did help is even better!

Best to all, and I'll see you on the boards.

Regards..Pixy

Author: kubbi One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7538 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 2:05 PM
Recommendations: 3
Well, if you can't continue as TMFPixy, then PixyDust will have to suffice, so you can continue to "sprinkle" your magic and wisdom throughout Fooldom.

All the best to you and yours.

Kind regards,
John

Author: NotSoFastEd Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7539 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 4:09 PM
Pixie,

We've never met but I feel like I know you. Thanks for your rigorous research and gentle reporting. You will be missed.

NotSoFastEd

Author: L2J Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7540 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 5:35 PM
Thanks David!!!

HaveaGreatRetirement, L2J

Author: ApplePieChar Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7541 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 5:42 PM
Thank you MFPixy!

One of many you have helped,
Charlotte

Author: jtr56 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7542 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 8:10 PM
Dave -

Ditto to all of the above. Enjoy your retirement and keep in touch.

jtr

Author: donbellphd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7547 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/28/2001 9:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
Pixy,

Your insightful advice has been of great value. It will be sorely missed. I do hope you continue to contribute your sagacity from time to time.

db

Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7564 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 11/30/2001 1:45 AM
Recommendations: 7
I've had fun, and along the way I hope I have met that goal for some. And while I may disappear as a regular columnist, I will still be lurking and contributing on various boards. It's been a pleasure for me to try and help others learn more about personal financial planning matters. To learn I actually did help is even better!
Best to all, and I'll see you on the boards.

The news of your retirement actually brought a tear to my eye. So much has changed since 1998 when I first meandered onto TMF. You have been a wonderful mentor and I have saved the advice you offered to this novice investor and new retireree who tossed out her broker to try and make it on her own......with the help of TMF. In spite of the few bumps we have all experienced I have done well with the knowledge gained from the Retirees Board. Thank you Dave, have a great retirement with GOOD health!

Big Hug, CYA on the boards,

Birgit aka follydolly

Author: gopete One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7582 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 12/3/2001 8:24 PM
Pixy --- Thanks for all your good work and good luck --- gopete

Author: hankmo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7595 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 12/5/2001 9:56 PM

Pixy will be missed by many I'm sure. I'm concerned athat this will leave a big hole in the discussions. Will someone be replacing Pixy??

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7596 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 12/6/2001 12:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
Hankmo asks:

Pixy will be missed by many I'm sure. I'm concerned athat this will leave a big hole in the discussions. Will someone be replacing Pixy??

Pixy will be replacing Pixy on the boards. I have contracted with TMF to do just that, so I'll be around for awhile.

Regards..Pixy

Author: buy2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7598 of 19255
Subject: Re: Pixy is retiring!! Date: 12/6/2001 12:59 PM
Pixy will be replacing Pixy on the boards. I have contracted with TMF to do just that, so I'll be around for awhile.

Regards..Pixy

This is good news, especially for all of us who have more questions than answers !

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement