UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rasheed One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 78299  
Subject: Re: Roth IRA (via stocks) questions Date: 12/31/1998 6:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Pixy writes: <<In the meantime, it appears you do not have to submit Form 8606 or anything else to prove you made a nondeductible contribution to a Roth IRA.

Interesting………Has the IRS screwed up? I certainly see the potential for some big time cheating if they have. Somehow, I just don't see that happening.

The reason why I was curious about your initial advice is that I live in California and emailed the FTB (our state tax folks) about what is the equivalent form for the state as there sometimes is duplicate form filing required. They replied the next day saying there was no form required on the state side, and the FTB representative questioned the 8606 filing on new Roth IRA (as you now also appear to agreee with for the time being). And for now, I get to still file via the EZ forms via phone.

I have placed a email out to the IRS and will let this folder know what type of response I get.

Thanks again.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Why Companies Buy Back Shares
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.