Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
piz Date: 1/13/99 10:14 AM Number: 8332
It's very easy to be eligible to make Roth contributions but not to make traditional IRA contributions. Be careful here - check your AGI and be aware of the other rules that limit or eliminate your contribution amount.

I believe anybody with $2000 or more of income can contribute $2000 to a traditional IRA. I think you are warning that it may not be tax deductible. But the growth will still be tax deferred. I think it makes good sense even if you can't deduct it.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.