Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pilgprog Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2374  
Subject: Plastic Snake Date: 5/11/2001 7:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is not in connection with the previous thread about pets we travel with.

I'm trying to find a realistic looking plastic snake - oh say 4 feet long.

A friend had one on his boat, curled up on the deck in plain view. He never, in all the years we were moored side by side, he never had a sea gull or other birds land on or poop on his deck.

Now I need to find such a critter to protect my spot.

Any ideas?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: KenpoKate Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 489 of 2374
Subject: Re: Plastic Snake Date: 6/1/2001 4:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I need to find such a critter to protect my spot. Any ideas?

I don't know about 4 ft long, but many toy stores have very realisting looking rubber snake toys. I'd also check the gift shop at a museum or a Rain Forest Cafe. (Are any of them open any more?)

- KK

Author: rosebear Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 490 of 2374
Subject: Re: Plastic Snake Date: 6/1/2001 5:05 PM
Recommendations: 11
Try a hardware store. Like Ace. I've seen plastic snakes and also initation owls.

Author: giraffeneck Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 491 of 2374
Subject: Re: Plastic Snake Date: 6/2/2001 9:10 AM
Rubber snake`s a good idea. I used to love them as a kid and I never thought they`d come in handy later. Pity, I swapped all mine.

But what about big birds that eat snakes? Would we be having to duck down avoiding the hungry predators of the skies? That might mean having to make a scarecrow as well.

I long for a holiday and it won`t be long now.

giraffe

Author: pilgprog Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 496 of 2374
Subject: Re: Plastic Snake Date: 6/6/2001 10:16 AM
Anchored in the harbor we saw all the sea birds, and an occasional Osprey, but none took a swipe at the snake - it was just too big and too real. Scared visitors too. Even our Yorky gave it a wide berth.

Have not found one yet (I'd have kept the original on the boat but the buyer wanted it so bad it sounded to me like a deal-clincher and I let him include it in the deal).

allen

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement