No. of Recommendations: 0
Please go see an attorney. See if you can get a suit brought for a contingent fee (a percentage of recovery) which means you won't have to pay up front. I believe that the FDCPA probably refers to the practice of debt collection people soliciting post-dated checks, but it may be simply that their failure to return it to you is enough to constitute liability. Whatever, your bank shouldn't have cashed it either, so there's a potential nother defendant.

Sue 'em all and let the goddess sort it out!
Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.