Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 40755  
Subject: Pms Date: 5/2/2006 12:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Irene had it yesterday, a day after she started menstrating. All of a sudden I was bad, selfish, and etc, tears and moaning. Nothing pleased her and I was bad, selfish, and etc. Presenting phisical and intellectual evedance of the contrary was of no value to this day long episode of illogic. Her program just changed and stuck on on. Reset was futile tho it was tried in many painstaking manners.

Last period came and went without a mental change. This is new. She is irregular and often skips a cycle. Yes, I did my homework.

I want to know everything there is to know about this curse to a happy home.

The chemistry, an an what happened????????

You bet I will get the pills.

I want to know every speck.

Chris
Print the post Back To Top
Author: redivivus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27059 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/2/2006 1:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Presenting phisical and intellectual evedance of the contrary was of no value to this day long episode of illogic

Welcome to my nightmare. My advice is: Admit you were wrong, apologize profusely (be sincere!), promise to improve (and do it) and never try to defend yourself again--it's just pride and it isn't worth it.

Steve
(Married with 4 daughters)

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27061 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/2/2006 11:53 PM

Presenting phisical and intellectual evedance of the contrary was of no value to this day long episode of illogic
--------
Welcome to my nightmare. My advice is: Admit you were wrong, apologize profusely (be sincere!), promise to improve (and do it) and never try to defend yourself again--it's just pride and it isn't worth it.

Steve
(Married with 4 daughters)

Scuze me steve, I did no wrong. And you got 4 recks to my 0. I ain't apoligisin for anything I did not do or am not. Irene did however apoligise to me today. I am not feminized and will not be feminized. Logic controles me and with it I am absent of guilt. And being human I do screw up at times and apoligise when it is truly called for.

Just saying pms makes most women go ballistic, in denial. You gave up. Caved in. Cowered.

Irene was so bad I emptied the gun beside the bed for fear of her psyco time blasting me, and stayed onna couch till I remembered the marriage vow, love honor cherish. I went to bed and said I made a vow with god and was keeping it.

Today we joke about all that, I'm getting the pills. And aparently knobody wants to discuss or divuldge the phisical/chemical or whatever cause of this plage of which you cannot speak other than to submit.

But steve I think you really need to read this cuz it ain't yer falt an you don't need to apoligize, it is ot but the principals are the same it explaines perfectly where you and a whole messa other people are ina head,,,,,I ain't....

Read the whole thing so you don't get stuff otta context;

White Guilt and the Western Past
Why is America so delicate with the enemy?

BY SHELBY STEELE
Tuesday, May 2, 2006 12:01 a.m. EDT
There is something rather odd in the way America has come to fight its wars since World War II.
For one thing, it is now unimaginable that we would use anything approaching the full measure of our military power (the nuclear option aside) in the wars we fight. And this seems only reasonable given the relative weakness of our Third World enemies in Vietnam and in the Middle East. But the fact is that we lost in Vietnam, and today, despite our vast power, we are only slogging along--if admirably--in Iraq against a hit-and-run insurgency that cannot stop us even as we seem unable to stop it. Yet no one--including, very likely, the insurgents themselves--believes that America lacks the raw power to defeat this insurgency if it wants to. So clearly it is America that determines the scale of this war. It is America, in fact, that fights so as to make a little room for an insurgency.
Certainly since Vietnam, America has increasingly practiced a policy of minimalism and restraint in war. And now this unacknowledged policy, which always makes a space for the enemy, has us in another long and rather passionless war against a weak enemy.

Why this new minimalism in war?
It began, I believe, in a late-20th-century event that transformed the world more profoundly than the collapse of communism: the world-wide collapse of white supremacy as a source of moral authority, political legitimacy and even sovereignty. This idea had organized the entire world, divided up its resources, imposed the nation-state system across the globe, and delivered the majority of the world's population into servitude and oppression. After World War II, revolutions across the globe, from India to Algeria and from Indonesia to the American civil rights revolution, defeated the authority inherent in white supremacy, if not the idea itself. And this defeat exacted a price: the West was left stigmatized by its sins. Today, the white West--like Germany after the Nazi defeat--lives in a kind of secular penitence in which the slightest echo of past sins brings down withering condemnation. There is now a cloud over white skin where there once was unquestioned authority.
I call this white guilt not because it is a guilt of conscience but because people stigmatized with moral crimes--here racism and imperialism--lack moral authority and so act guiltily whether they feel guilt or not.
They struggle, above all else, to dissociate themselves from the past sins they are stigmatized with. When they behave in ways that invoke the memory of those sins, they must labor to prove that they have not relapsed into their group's former sinfulness. So when America--the greatest embodiment of Western power--goes to war in Third World Iraq, it must also labor to dissociate that action from the great Western sin of imperialism. Thus, in Iraq we are in two wars, one against an insurgency and another against the past--two fronts, two victories to win, one military, the other a victory of dissociation.
The collapse of white supremacy--and the resulting white guilt--introduced a new mechanism of power into the world: stigmatization with the evil of the Western past. And this stigmatization is power because it affects the terms of legitimacy for Western nations and for their actions in the world. In Iraq, America is fighting as much for the legitimacy of its war effort as for victory in war. In fact, legitimacy may be the more important goal. If a military victory makes us look like an imperialist nation bent on occupying and raping the resources of a poor brown nation, then victory would mean less because it would have no legitimacy. Europe would scorn. Conversely, if America suffered a military loss in Iraq but in so doing dispelled the imperialist stigma, the loss would be seen as a necessary sacrifice made to restore our nation's legitimacy. Europe's halls of internationalism would suddenly open to us.
Because dissociation from the racist and imperialist stigma is so tied to legitimacy in this age of white guilt, America's act of going to war can have legitimacy only if it seems to be an act of social work--something that uplifts and transforms the poor brown nation (thus dissociating us from the white exploitations of old). So our war effort in Iraq is shrouded in a new language of social work in which democracy is cast as an instrument of social transformation bringing new institutions, new relations between men and women, new ideas of individual autonomy, new and more open forms of education, new ways of overcoming poverty--war as the Great Society.
This does not mean that President Bush is insincere in his desire to bring democracy to Iraq, nor is it to say that democracy won't ultimately be socially transformative in Iraq. It's just that today the United States cannot go to war in the Third World simply to defeat a dangerous enemy.
White guilt makes our Third World enemies into colored victims, people whose problems--even the tyrannies they live under--were created by the historical disruptions and injustices of the white West. We must "understand" and pity our enemy even as we fight him. And, though Islamic extremism is one of the most pernicious forms of evil opportunism that has ever existed, we have felt compelled to fight it with an almost managerial minimalism that shows us to be beyond the passions of war--and thus well dissociated from the avariciousness of the white supremacist past.
Anti-Americanism, whether in Europe or on the American left, works by the mechanism of white guilt. It stigmatizes America with all the imperialistic and racist ugliness of the white Western past so that America becomes a kind of straw man, a construct of Western sin. (The Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons were the focus of such stigmatization campaigns.) Once the stigma is in place, one need only be anti-American in order to be "good," in order to have an automatic moral legitimacy and power in relation to America. (People as seemingly disparate as President Jacques Chirac and the Rev. Al Sharpton are devoted pursuers of the moral high ground to be had in anti-Americanism.) This formula is the most dependable source of power for today's international left. Virtue and power by mere anti-Americanism. And it is all the more appealing since, unlike real virtues, it requires no sacrifice or effort--only outrage at every slight echo of the imperialist past.
Today words like "power" and "victory" are so stigmatized with Western sin that, in many quarters, it is politically incorrect even to utter them. For the West, "might" can never be right. And victory, when won by the West against a Third World enemy, is always oppression. But, in reality, military victory is also the victory of one idea and the defeat of another. Only American victory in Iraq defeats the idea of Islamic extremism. But in today's atmosphere of Western contrition, it is impolitic to say so.

America and the broader West are now going through a rather tender era, a time when Western societies have very little defense against the moral accusations that come from their own left wings and from those vast stretches of nonwhite humanity that were once so disregarded.
Europeans are utterly confounded by the swelling Muslim populations in their midst. America has run from its own mounting immigration problem for decades, and even today, after finally taking up the issue, our government seems entirely flummoxed. White guilt is a vacuum of moral authority visited on the present by the shames of the past. In the abstract it seems a slight thing, almost irrelevant, an unconvincing proposition. Yet a society as enormously powerful as America lacks the authority to ask its most brilliant, wealthy and superbly educated minority students to compete freely for college admission with poor whites who lack all these things. Just can't do it.
Whether the problem is race relations, education, immigration or war, white guilt imposes so much minimalism and restraint that our worst problems tend to linger and deepen. Our leaders work within a double bind. If they do what is truly necessary to solve a problem--win a war, fix immigration--they lose legitimacy.
To maintain their legitimacy, they practice the minimalism that makes problems linger. What but minimalism is left when you are running from stigmatization as a "unilateralist cowboy"? And where is the will to truly regulate the southern border when those who ask for this are slimed as bigots? This is how white guilt defines what is possible in America. You go at a problem until you meet stigmatization, then you retreat into minimalism.
Possibly white guilt's worst effect is that it does not permit whites--and nonwhites--to appreciate something extraordinary: the fact that whites in America, and even elsewhere in the West, have achieved a truly remarkable moral transformation. One is forbidden to speak thus, but it is simply true. There are no serious advocates of white supremacy in America today, because whites see this idea as morally repugnant. If there is still the odd white bigot out there surviving past his time, there are millions of whites who only feel goodwill toward minorities.
This is a fact that must be integrated into our public life--absorbed as new history--so that America can once again feel the moral authority to seriously tackle its most profound problems. Then, if we decide to go to war, it can be with enough ferocity to win.

Mr. Steele, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, is author, most recently, of "White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era," published this week by HarperCollins.

Chris

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27065 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/3/2006 3:34 AM
Recommendations: 13
You gave up. Caved in. Cowered.

No. Contrary to your little "I ain't apoligisin for anything I did not do" attitude, he acts like a logical, rational adult, realizing that the women in his life, the women he truly loves and respects, have a condition which is beyond their control. He understands that arguing and complaining when they are feeling so GD awful only makes them feel more GD awful.

He further exhibits his maturity by understanding that his relationship to the women in his life is more important than his pride, as opposed to those who let their 'stupid male ego' control him and everyone else around him, further exacerbating the situation and making everyone more miserable.

Instead he maturely understands that at that point, he is the one in control of the peace in the household because he is not the one suffering the debilitating effects of a very real medical condition. It's not what happens to you, it's how you react to what happens to you.

Boy. I'm really glad I'm not Irene.

Caat

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27067 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/3/2006 12:22 PM
Recommendations: 5

When you delve into this investigation, you'll probably find that this is one of the most frequent of self diagnosed complaints to afflict Womanhood. If you observe enough women who purport to have it for long enough, you'll find that it's an affliction that can occur on every day of the menstrual cycle with some....regardless of the fact the the "P" in PMS stands for pre menstrual....and rises its head to excuse all manner of moodiness and poor job performance. Yep, it's a handy little bag of tricks to trot out when needed.

As with all overused self diagnoses it devalues the currency for the few individuals who do have a serious problem and could also serve to mask other issues.....like loneliness, homesickness, depression or the fact that you might just have been a bit bad or selfish.

Don't rush to hang an ailment around her neck just yet....there might be some rationality to the way she's acting

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27068 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 2:00 AM

He further exhibits his maturity by understanding that his relationship to the women in his life is more important than his pride, as opposed to those who let their 'stupid male ego' control him and everyone else around him, further exacerbating the situation and making everyone more miserable.

This has nothing to do with pride or in your terms 'stupid male ego' as if dealing in fact and logic is 'stupid'. So lets exaserbate your senario a bit and appease every pms case in kind. Since we don't know which one is carrying this afflection at any one time they all get the appeasement forever know matter how nasty they are period... Not a nice try with recks, I am not an appeaser, fact and logic are the law here, to have it any other way is kayos or lack of stupid male ego as you proclame so virulently.

Boy. I'm really glad I'm not Irene.

Actually she is quite happy, did apoligise and the gun is again loaded. The problem has been realised, identifyed, and dealt with for the first time.....Not ignored agreed with and appeased to, leading to more venues into the same with the excuse 'I am a woman'. As if being one is a superior virtue in and of itself allowing irrational behavior at will with no excuses an males bowing, offering gifts, agreeing with every made up fault and groveling at the throne of desire of a peacefull home at any cost including his place (if he had one) in the home other than dictated by she whom must be appeased. Try that at the bank, they ain't gonna buy it an I ain't gonna either. Now take your stupid male ego argument and give it pms, would you defend that? I think not. The biass here is apalling, would you allow a child to act in such a manner? Achieving adulthood is not a free pass to bad behaivour. You need to be responsible or realise when you are not and deal with your surroundings in a proper manner.

Sharon and I had a full day of her twisting and making things up to attack me with. I noted verbally that her kids (girls) were behind us and listining, she apoligised the next day in front of kin whom got a primer on what may be comming for them. I like to think they realised there may be malcontent thinking destructive to life in generall on there part at times and had a primer on dealing with it, not expecting everyone to accept it with glowing praise by virtue of there sex and a willingness of a happy home in spite of the disorder, while not being afflected by it, making every effort to better life in spite of the disorder.

Yea, stupid male ego.

Chris

PS I also noted that sharon was fine dealing with store clerks etc. The pms was exclusivly pointed at me, the head (she wanted to be) of the home.

It's really quite transparent and biblical. I understand some women exile themselves knowing they lash out at anybody during that time. Cuz they quantifyed the evedance and came to a logical end. It is there fault. Blaiming others will not work in a larger groop if they treet them the same.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27069 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 2:09 AM
Don't rush to hang an ailment around her neck just yet....there might be some rationality to the way she's acting

Oh god thanks! You can beat people with the logic stick all day and they don't get it.

I can always count on you to better me and normally enjoy the event.

It's late an I am snockered,

Thanks,

Chris

Author: redivivus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27070 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 11:42 AM
Recommendations: 9
Scuze me steve, I did no wrong. And you got 4 recks to my 0. I ain't apoligisin for anything I did not do or am not. Irene did however apoligise to me today. I am not feminized and will not be feminized. Logic controles me and with it I am absent of guilt.

Suit yourself. What I try to do is practice the manly arts of forbearance and forgiveness with the women in my life. The ability to do this necessarily comes from a position of inner strength, not weakness. It really isn't necessary for me to beat up anyone with logic and reason. Oh, I only wear the frilly pink panties when I want to. ;-)

Steve

Author: Stockbuyer2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27071 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 12:23 PM
"fact and logic are the law here, to have it any other way is kayos or lack of stupid male ego as you proclame so virulently."

I'm not sure that fact and logic can be applied where hormone based emotions apply.

I think VeeEnn is right about what she said, but she did NOT say that pms is not a fact, just that alot of other emotions are mistaken as pms.

If you do research there are ways to reduce pms symptoms.

Stockbuyer2

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27073 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 1:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
I'm not sure that fact and logic can be applied where hormone based emotions apply.

I think VeeEnn is right about what she said, but she did NOT say that pms is not a fact, just that alot of other emotions are mistaken as pms

Absolutely true. Anyone who has witnessed a woman break into uncontrollable tears can testify to the power of hormones. Denying this reality is just plain ignorant.

That said, some women have minimal symptoms.

sano

5 sisters and a wife

Author: MoneyPenny06 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27075 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 1:38 PM

<<Suit yourself. What I try to do is practice the manly arts of forbearance and forgiveness with the women in my life. The ability to do this necessarily comes from a position of inner strength, not weakness. It really isn't necessary for me to beat up anyone with logic and reason. Oh, I only wear the frilly pink panties when I want to. ;-)

Steve>>

You walk tall Steve :)

MP - seriously swooning

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27077 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 3:02 PM
Now, YMMV but when I get the wicked hard PMS - like I want to find a cute, fuzzy little bunny rabbit and ...just...STRANGLE IT...that sort of unfocused rage and mood swingyness...(which doesn't happen every month, just once in awhile)

I need wine.

Really. Not enough to get drunk - just one glass helps. Something in my personal chemistry is such that a 8 oz. glass of wine feels like someone pouring cold water on a raging fire. I can feel the heat subside. And I'm 5'9" - one glass doesn't even put me in the DUI range - but it cures the PMS for the rest of the night.

They say lots of calcium helps, but DH used to keep a bottle of cheap vino around just for such emergencies. And I can FEEL when it's THAT TYPE of PMS. I give him the look. He brings me the glass, the TV remote, and retreats for an hour until it's safe to come out again.

And I'm sunny and fine. Bunnies and husbands are safe again.

Chemistry is a weird thing. I only drink on fairly rare occasions - with such a strong physical reaction, I might be an alkie elsewise (there is family history...) My own mother used to buy me wine before each semester of college - one bottle per month - and send it with me, hidden in towels (I was under-age). One glass of wine cures both cramps and PMS for women in my family.

SG

"Drink now a little wine for thy stomach's sake"

1 Timothy 5:23

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27078 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/4/2006 7:36 PM

I think VeeEnn is right about what she said, but she did NOT say that pms is not a fact, just that alot of other emotions are mistaken as pms
===================================================
Absolutely true. Anyone who has witnessed a woman break into uncontrollable tears can testify to the power of hormones. Denying this reality is just plain ignorant.

That said, some women have minimal symptoms.

I think something's being missed here. I don't mean in terms of how Chris should/shouldn't handle significant PMS emotions, but the whole situation he's labelling as PMS.

This is occurring in the midst of a conflagration of emotions that is quite exceptional and extremely intense and many layered. Chris, you and Irene have just gotten married after what is primarily a mail and email relationship. There is a major age difference, vast cultural and educational differences, and a substantial language barrier that's being eroded bit by bit--but with still quite a ways to go. Irene has been plucked from her home, her family and friends, her simple rural life. The emotions--emotions of all kinds--flying around and banging into walls in your home must be pretty incredible.

Don't go nuts over PMS and what'll you do??!! I'd put that down to an expression of the current circumstances--a kind of emotional overload. A great deal of understanding and gentle acceptance are needed on both sides. Look for laughter to share. You both have to cut each other a lot of slack to give your relationship the room it needs to grow.

sheila

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27079 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/5/2006 1:35 AM

If you do research there are ways to reduce pms symptoms.

Stockbuyer2

Scuse me folks! Read my first post where I said I want to know everything about pms. Knobody has given info, just opinion.

I asked for phisical info,

Heres a cut,

The chemistry, an an what happened????????

I went on to say,

You bet I will get the pills.

Cuz they work and taking them ends the bs we are discussing.

I did not ask for more pms minded drivall.

And.

It really isn't necessary for me to beat up anyone with logic and reason

This is going beyond the pale. Since when are logic,reason, and the blazing FACTS a methud to beat someone up? I thank people like vee,doc, often shelia for telling fact even when I dont wanna here it cuz it makes me better. Apparently most and the reckers want to live apeasing the picle rather than deal with it. I ain't you, I see a problem and fix it, including my own, excluding those I still wresel with. My fight is not to be appeased but to be better.

You wallowing in demands of accceptance of bad behavyor have my pity.

My pity in this circumstance lasts about one second.

An I bet none of you read this thru,

Post 27078.

Sissifyed feminised america, I ain't.

Chris

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27080 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/5/2006 1:58 AM

Anyone who has witnessed a woman break into uncontrollable tears can testify to the power of hormones. Denying this reality is just plain ignorant.

Absolutly, or the 'I need a hug' thing. But I dont concur with the horemone aspect. I think it's mental pathways and the often denied diffrence between sexes. Absent pms.

Transposing the senarieo to male would be 'I need sex' but that's not popular with many femails and sad husbands.

Both equall and the same comming from diferent sexes.

Chris

Ps I always give the hug,(and multiple kisses till they are done) cuz they need the continuing assurance while traping you from what you were doing, just like we need sex. It is only fair play. :) To that larger event which is living togeather in peace and satisfaction for both.

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27081 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/5/2006 2:02 AM
But I dont concur with the horemone aspect. I think it's mental pathways and the often denied diffrence between sexes.

Hormones may not be the culprit in this recent incident with Irene.

But....do NOT downplay the impact that hormones can have.

And on "mental pathways" too.

sheila

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27082 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/5/2006 8:52 AM
Recommendations: 8

The mere fact that you somehow equate dealing with your new wife's "behavior" (regardless of whether caused by hormones or emotions)
with any country's treatment of the "enemy" boggles my mind.

And if you really want information on PMS, you have a computer: Google it. Or go to the library. The information is available.

Christina

Author: MoneyPenny06 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27083 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/5/2006 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 5

When it comes to intimate human relationships, drawing lines in the sand is a recipe for disaster, *in my opinion*.

For the past few months, my husband has been suffering from some depression related to problems on the job.

This has made him difficult to deal with and downright ornery at times.

It's not my fault and nothing I should apologize for, but as his partner, I tell him I am sorry for what he's going through and try to support him whenever I can.

Just one woman's perception and experience, MP

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27084 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/6/2006 1:13 AM

It's not my fault and nothing I should apologize for, but as his partner, I tell him I am sorry for what he's going through and try to support him whenever I can.

May god bless you.

Chris

Author: MoneyPenny06 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27085 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/6/2006 7:42 AM

<<May god bless you.>>

Thanks, but no expectations.

I am just upholding my end of the vows we made to each other.

MP

Author: mickaelangelo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27087 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/6/2006 11:09 AM
Recommendations: 25
This is going beyond the pale. Since when are logic,reason, and the blazing FACTS a methud to beat someone up? I thank people like vee,doc, often shelia for telling fact even when I dont wanna here it cuz it makes me better. Apparently most and the reckers want to live apeasing the picle rather than deal with it. I ain't you, I see a problem and fix it, including my own, excluding those I still wresel with. My fight is not to be appeased but to be better.

You wallowing in demands of accceptance of bad behavyor have my pity.

My pity in this circumstance lasts about one second.

Post 27078.

Sissifyed feminised america, I ain't.

Chris

I read it through.

The bottom line is you need to get your woman under control. You have nothing to apologize for, you didn't do anything wrong here. You are the boss, and at this point in time you had better be the boss. Yield to no one; it shall be as you say.

Make sure she understands - in no uncertain terms - that you will not be balked: she shall, not now and not ever, treat you the way she tried to treat you, ever again. Furthermore she shall not attempt this nonsense again; she will get herself to the Dr. and get treated for this periodic insubordination and she will not attempt it again. Not now, and not ever, on pain of the most severe penalties.

It is very hard to demand and enforce respectful behavior, in an environment where the inmates run the asylum, the pmsing wives are in charge, and the concept of respect is obsolete. Nevertheless, if one wants to keep the peace and tranquility of his home, this is what one must do.

Be a man, for crissakes.

mick

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27088 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/6/2006 11:39 AM
It is very hard to demand and enforce respectful behavior, in an environment where the inmates run the asylum, the pmsing wives are in charge, and the concept of respect is obsolete. Nevertheless, if one wants to keep the peace and tranquility of his home, this is what one must do.

Be a man, for crissakes.

F'in A, bubba! That's what I'm talkin about!!

And if the drugs and threats don't work, bolt some restraint chains in the basement or a closet and give teh unrespectful ingrate a little time out... and don't fergit yer pocket taser if she objects to the chains ;-)

Author: TurkeyBreath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27089 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/6/2006 8:57 PM
...And if the drugs and threats don't work, bolt some restraint chains in the basement or a closet and give teh unrespectful ingrate a little time out... and don't fergit yer pocket taser if she objects to the chains ;-)

Sano,

You brought back old memories.

My grandfather bought what was at one time a hospital. He converted into apartments. Well, this once hospital was originally build for disabled Civil War veterans and later converted into an alcoholic rehabilitation hospital. The basement hand chains and shackles for its patients. Those were the days!

TB

Author: synchronicity Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27090 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/7/2006 12:11 AM
you will not be balked

Damn straight!!

Although he might cut her some slack if she accumulates enough Good Behavior Days.

-synchronicity

Author: CarlHungus Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27091 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/7/2006 7:23 AM
Presenting phisical and intellectual evedance of the contrary was of no value to this day long episode of illogic.

I hope you didn't try to win her over with your spelling prowess.

-CH

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27092 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/7/2006 12:32 PM
Recommendations: 4
Presenting phisical and intellectual evedance of the contrary was of no value to this day long episode of illogic.
=====================================

You're talking to a guy who's an admitted dyslexic, with a new wife who's just in the earliest phases of learning English. ;-)

sheila

Author: Savagegrace Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27093 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/7/2006 1:05 PM
I always get a good chuckle when a man proclaims being logical, yet is unable to keep it in his pants.

I find my fellow man be to be as irrational as women during their high testosterone "periods". Let's not also forget the adrenaline surge kick-ins, only to see their manliness "peter out" (pun intended) as the surge dies out.

And of course, I speak from personal experience.

For the most part, I've become aware of when this happens and do try to compensate for it. Just as your wife will have to learn, yet, you may also need to compensate in some way. Such as simply staying out of the way perhaps, during the more difficute times.

Now that I've abused you of your intellecturalized BS, lets get down to business.

When she is really hurting, tell her to take a very hot water bottle and put it on the pubic bone between the navel and the pubic bone. Just over the area. The relief she'll feel.....

She may find it stops the spasm in the uterus right away. The heat draws the blood away and out of the uterus to the surface of the skin.

She may think you're a Saint. (Big brownie points here guy!)

Do you remember a conversation we had long ago? Sex and the "."? Ah well.

You'll want to get a B complex 100. Have her double up 5 days before her period and 3 days after. This will reduce both water retention and sensitivity of her breasts. I always used this on my girlfriends to good affect.

Your Humble Servant,

Gracefully Savage

PS I've found women to be far more sensitive to the fillers or colors added to cheap vitamins, so you may have to try a couple of different brands to find one compatible with her.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27094 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 12:56 AM
Be a man, for crissakes.

mick

That's cristsakes, with a t, you puts! Learn how to SPELL! Give me ten NOW!

Chris

Grumble grumble, insorbordanant wanna be!

:)

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27095 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 1:08 AM
F'in A, bubba! That's what I'm talkin about!!

And if the drugs and threats don't work, bolt some restraint chains in the basement or a closet and give teh unrespectful ingrate a little time out... and don't fergit yer pocket taser if she objects to the chains ;-)

I got banned for just replying to such language once, and the original still stands.

run the asylum,

I wonder just who does.

Chris

I prefer the fake cell phone taser, it is much more accesable with the belt hook. You pms babys really should hang around and learn a few things. Like logic.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27096 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 1:26 AM

an alcoholic rehabilitation hospital. The basement hand chains and shackles for its patients.

DT's get ugly tb. DT dimensia tremor. Days of old, maybe no drugs to stabilize or no money. This poster would be there in 2 days. Dead in 10 with no booze or meds to compensate.

Chris

I understand the restraints. And military men don't mind such things especially in the time period when that was what they had to work with.

I believe sentimenent on this pms issue would be different in that day, :)

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27097 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 1:29 AM

Although he might cut her some slack if she accumulates enough Good Behavior Days.

No.

Chris

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27098 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 2:05 AM

-CH

Much as I tire of these attempts to intimidate and degrade me with these justified crabs of my prowess at textual linguistics, I viue them as a caracture flaw on your part and an inability of my own. I assume this a constant on your part with partly filled ego or you would not see the need to point it out, and a failing of my own.

Chris

Sob! Sob! Where oh where is simpathy for me? Whine! Moan!

Now cammon! You guys aint tryin hard enough! I ain't the least bit insulted. This superficial meaningless meanial drival is a waste of my mispelling!

Do ten NOW! And come back with something worthwhile, what a waste of time.

Start a post with good intent for another's temporary insanity in an effort to find a cure and this is what I get? You need to reviue yourselves folks. Appeasement is not an answer, historicaly it in every case brought more of the same.

And I did unload the shot gun beside the bed when she went nuts. I don't like having an empty gun there. It is a first line of not likley defence, and the grab gun. "There it is! pow" I live in a semi rural area with some land and woods, animals can be a real problem.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27099 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 2:20 AM

You're talking to a guy who's an admitted dyslexic, with a new wife who's just in the earliest phases of learning English. ;-)

sheila

A' shucks, ya told him! :) An I ask irene how to spell words! It's wered, I teach pronuncation grammer etc an ask her how to spell.

Now if I could tell right from left without thinking, dang, I'de be jes perfect.

Chris

Nort an sout an no problem fer some reason. East west allways gotta think first.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27100 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 3:09 AM
Well old comerade,

I always get a good chuckle when a man proclaims being logical, yet is unable to keep it in his pants.

This is my wife, I am 52, not 15......She is 28.

Now that I've abused you of your intellecturalized BS, lets get down to business.

Gee, I am smart, dumb, and you have the answer?

Such as simply staying out of the way perhaps, during the more difficute times.

Eh, we live togeathre. This is mental an there is no place to go other than the couch which is only for hours before she comes to beg me to bed.....It's a real pickle in her head an I want to fix, understand it to possibly alleviate the conflict she is having inside her temporary insanity which I would be terrifyed with assuming a memory of the events that transpired in this state of insanity. Odly she as with all others has no desire to relive or discuss this problem in an effort to understand it, she's not rude about it an communication is still poor but it has all the markings of 'it happens' and you don't get to know about it. I won't accept that. There is a reason for every action. be it feelings or insanity of this kind. I have an enquiring mind, I want to know :).

both water retention and sensitivity of her breasts

There is none. She is tiny an we shower togeather, I know that body.

I will however take your advice seriously and check the phisical closly.

Chris

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27101 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 4:16 AM

And if you really want information on PMS, you have a computer: Google it. Or go to the library. The information is available.

Christina

Well gee! Had I googled it none of ouservelves would have had this enlightining experience into our opinion of the subject. I will ignore your rant on my posting anothers logical explanation of how we got here mentally in terms of which apply in extrapalation to common day thinking if you thot it out that far with out internal biass.

But (yea I did save this reply for future posting) because this is an early attempt to say; SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT YOUR OPINION!

Want and reality are not the same, know matter what you say or desire.

This is life, an I want to hit it head on, every day. My own faults included.

Now can we here, as we used to?

I gotta crash, 17 beers, Iam getting tired of rice everyday, but dang, I am sure glad to be me!

It's attude.

Chris

Author: MakePigsFly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27102 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/8/2006 12:41 PM
Recommendations: 6
This is life, an I want to hit it head on, every day.

I gotta crash, 17 beers,

Those are mutually exclusive comments. You cannot hit life head on if you start the day with a hangover and end it soused.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27104 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/9/2006 2:05 AM
Recommendations: 2

she will get herself to the Dr. and get treated for this periodic insubordination

What I try to do is practice the manly arts of forbearance and forgiveness with the women in my life. The ability to do this necessarily comes from a position of inner strength, not weakness. It really isn't necessary for me to beat up anyone with logic and reason. Oh, I only wear the frilly pink panties when I want to.

The mere fact that you somehow equate dealing with your new wife's "behavior" (regardless of whether caused by hormones or emotions)

OK me sorry, I really am mean and ununderstanding, standing tall is not the way things should be in this circumstance I actually need to 'feel' and understand the other sexes illogic at times. Much as I find that impossible, I will try. I will try hard to understand illogic and the tables being turned on my honesty as it gets twisted and spewed in the form of lies. I will agree as if lying to what I conseder a sin will keep a peace for 30 seconds...I just can't weare panties, sorry.

But if walking a mile in the pms panties would work I would do it. At least that way I would be a mile away.

Now let's take this thred apart. Names I never saw have shown up, a post got 24 recks, I personally did 2 head counts here the result was 20 at best more like 15 on a good day. I think this subject has some calling outsiders here for a one time event with me. I'm fine with that cuz I was wrong! You got my head on strate now.

I promiss I will never look at or even think of a woman being equall. I will never trust there jugement because it is by the evdance presented obviously flawed at any unknown time. I realise they as a sex 'feel' and threfor cannot be relied upon to give rashonality on a continuning plane as feelings have nothing to do with fact which they seem absent of at times. I will never vote for a woman given this evidance. They simply cannot be trusted to give reliable anything dependably.... An sorry folks ya can't have it both ways :).

Now irene comming from a country where guns are not allowed for commeners was at the window. I enter see a squirrel, run to the bedroom as she says something, grab the 12 guage pump and run out the door. I am on that squirill, running around trees and POW! Dang, missed he's (or should I confuse proper english with the mis use of substanciation and say 'she's') good. Running as it (uh o now the squrill is an 'it' I can see lingustics cuppled with this drivall having problems with that potental misnomer in hopfully my after life) pow! plop, I retreet to the house and she says 'you get it?'. Gotta love that woman! Yea, ...... an I only put 2 shells inna gun at any one time to give the target a sporting chance. It's only fare.

Just a little perespective for aparently closed not knowing of the conflicted prespective of there mindes of which they have expounding profundity of ignorant yet acclaimed postulating of ill will to me.

I'm used to it

Chris

Author: sheila727 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27105 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/9/2006 2:31 AM
Recommendations: 11
Chris -- I don't see the point of bringing here this difficulty you had with Irene. None of us was there. None of us knows Irene. And we know you to a degree, but with very significant limitations.

This isn't an issue of "standing tall" or not, or whatever. It's trying to understand each other so you can build a strong and honest relationship.

And as for I promiss I will never look at or even think of a woman being equall. I will never trust there jugement because it is by the evdance presented obviously flawed at any unknown time.......

You're seriously trying to say that women aren't equal to men because the're vulnerable to periods of flawed judgement, and you can't tell when that's happening? Isn't the point to judge the person, not the category, and relate to the person, not to the stereotype? And as for flawed judgement.....what about living with a guy who drinks several 6-packs of beer every night? Should his wife say men aren't equal to women because their judgement is flawed when they've been drinking that heavily? Or because they can't control their drinking?

Really--you've got to leave all of these stereotypes and macho posturing behind. It's person to person, not one person over another. Settle down. Or you'll miss the good stuff.

sheila

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27106 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/9/2006 6:34 AM
Now let's take this thred apart. Names I never saw have shown up, a post got 24 recks, I personally did 2 head counts here the result was 20 at best more like 15 on a good day. I think this subject has some calling outsiders here for a one time event with me. I'm fine with that cuz I was wrong! You got my head on strate now.

Whenever we'd had a sudden increase in drive-by sniper traffic, I've found that TMF has made some sort of banner announcement of an ongoing fight.

Seems they imagine there are folks with nothing more worthwhile to do than trawl the boards looking for contentious threads to dive into. Seems TMF's not too far off the mark. Can't say I remember any of the drive bys sticking around to contribute when the fur's settled.

Author: TurkeyBreath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27110 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/9/2006 8:21 PM
...I actually need to 'feel' and understand the other sexes illogic at times...

Forget about the logic part. Dr. Einstein found no logic to our income tax code; I doubt if mere mortals are going to find the logic you seek.

TB

Author: TurkeyBreath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27111 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/9/2006 8:28 PM
...You're seriously trying to say that women aren't equal to men because the're vulnerable to periods of flawed judgement,...

I remember, about 50 or so years ago when in Japan, a Japanese woman was suing a Japanese company for decrementing against women. The Japanese judge said to the effect. The company is not decrementing against women; men are simply superior to women.

TB

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27112 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/10/2006 1:06 AM

Whenever we'd had a sudden increase in drive-by sniper traffic, I've found that TMF has made some sort of banner announcement of an ongoing fight.

Vee, you have a levell head and unwavering intelectual stability. A lighthouse most will ignore, because they want to.

I honestly often envy you,

Chris

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27113 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/10/2006 2:31 AM

Chris -- I don't see the point of bringing here this difficulty you had with Irene. None of us was there. None of us knows Irene. And we know you to a degree, but with very significant limitations.

Shelia,,,,, where do I start? This is a disscuation board, we don't know each other and never met in most cases. You are a writer.

None of us knows Irene

None of us was there

I flunked english but that is bad grammer or bad something. Get a grip, you are much better than that.

You're seriously trying to say that women aren't equal to men because the're vulnerable to periods of flawed judgement,

I like the admitting part, actually I was and am showing the duall exptations of the woman demand and showing it flawed by others words.

And as for flawed judgement.....what about living with a guy who drinks several 6-packs of beer every night? Should his wife say men aren't equal to women because their judgement is flawed when they've been drinking that heavily? Or because they can't control their drinking?

Actually women alkys equall men. An I was plastered last night, just drunk tonight. Is my judgement in error here? Or is your opinion flawed? I do however concur with the volume and unwillingness to be sober for more than about 6 waking hours normally.

Really--you've got to leave all of these stereotypes and macho posturing behind.

I bet you would love to see me with the riot gun (irene was holding it in the pick) if you were in a hostage situation. Or want to be with tb or me if everything went south,, cuz of survival traning (go with tb, mine is not real good).

You folks can be arrogant because others worked to build and fought and died so you have this levell of security that allows this thinking. Almost %100 men. (and the USA, it's a sprit and will)

Not long ago here, to be a state cop you had to be 6' or more and weigh 200+ (not fat) or more. Eh, and have a degree in something, anything. Now I see pencile neck scrany guys and girls as state trupers. I could easily grab there neck and snap it with one hand an I ain't a big guy. Do you want to call a cop and have some fat young girl show up an say 'I am a cop'? As if the criminal would voulentarily submit? I think not.

This equality stuff has gone way to far for way to long. We are different, let us be what we are.

Take the stick a young boy is using for a gun and give him a barbie doll an he likly will rip a leg off point it at you and say BANG. Give a young girl a gun and she will discard it and make a doll out of sticks & grass if she must. It's just that way and you can't change it. To try is akin to saying pms is not real.

17 beers, 2:30 an I gotta meet with a morgage broker in the morning, AND MAKE SENCE! I am used to it, because I know what will happen. Not a pms episode.

Chris

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27122 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/11/2006 1:23 AM

Tb, Dr. Einstein found no logic to our income tax code;

There is logic to the everchanging code. People give money to change it, others give money to change it back, and they vote. It's a scam.

Am I everybodys teacher here? Ramming logic down the throte of Einstein? who is an ignoramous given that snipit? The bigger picture is how to manipulate the tax code for your gain, not seeing it on the surface at some buget tax prepairer place like h&r block. You need to play the game to your bennifit. And it will change. I am selling houses now cuz of, I don't want em and cap gains tax is low now. (%15) Logic.

Chris

I can go on but I made the logic.

Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27123 of 40755
Subject: Re: Pms Date: 5/11/2006 1:54 AM
I remember, about 50 or so years ago when in Japan, a Japanese woman was suing a Japanese company for decrementing against women. The Japanese judge said to the effect. The company is not decrementing against women; men are simply superior to women.

TB

I am getting tired of this, show me a da vincie, plato, soccraties, eienstine, jesus, mohamid, etc. Of which I certanly ain't. And don't gimmie that stuff about others being suppressed. madam currie, the black guy that did the peanut reasearch. Yea, politics enter in, but if yer really good that goes away.

Every day life is pretty equall and I am not fond of sueors on that basis. You don't like the company,,,go elsewhere,,,,it's like the tax code only different.

Chris

BTW e=mc2 has flaws it is still theory, not law as nutons gravity which is flawed more. Both are more than usefull seperatly for different uses.

Yea, I was making a point :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement