Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4867  
Subject: Politics? Date: 9/30/2010 1:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any aspiring political writers around here? I'm searching for one or more.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: brucedoe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4791 of 4867
Subject: Re: Politics? Date: 1/12/2011 2:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
bcairns

Actually I'm an eclectic writer, but that includes politics. I recently published the contents of my blog for 2009 and 2010. I would classify about a dozen of the commentaries as political.

http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=...

there is also a political poem I wrote just the other day.

brucedoe

Author: bcairns Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4792 of 4867
Subject: Re: Politics? Date: 1/24/2011 2:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I haven't been haunting the fool lately so I'm just now getting to it. I am VERY much interested in the state of American politics. In particular, I think "middle America" is more than capable of governing themselves (i.e. "running" government) which could be thought of as our founding principle, a principle that I think we have been moving away from for some time now. I don't know how we get to citizen government, but I strongly believe that there is a path to be discovered. I have been participating in political debate around here for quite some time and it has taught me a great deal. But I'm ready to move to the next thing which is doing something about it. I keep coming back to writing a book about policy, policy that middle America would come to if we had a functioning political system. But I know myself well enough to know that I can't do a good job on my own. I need a partner.

As you may know, political books sell very well, and I believe something like what I am thinking about could be a blockbuster AND could do a lot of good in the world.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement