Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Durnib Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52509  
Subject: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Boston
Cubs
Phillies
Indians
Other - please post

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: RMC1720 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
My first vote would have been for the Phillies, but because you asked for a team other than our favorite, I had to go with Boston. I would love to see them break the "curse."

Author: mghx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 95 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 2:41 PM
Geez, that's an easy one. Everybody hates the Phillies and Indians, don't they??? Almost as much as the Yankees, right??

Author: PAULTHENURSE Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 4:17 PM
There ain't no freakin' curse!!!! We had Babe Ruth's grand daughter out to Fenway last year for an exorcism! Forget talk about curses.

Top Ten Reasons Why The Sox Will Win It All!!!

1. Best staff ERA in baseball again. Even better than the Braves, a National league team without a DH!

2. Jimy Williams has been on this planet before. How else to explain using the bench the way he does and having it work out for him more often than not!

3. Nomar is the best SS in baseball. Ok, I know this is a debatable point but would you really be able to choose between him, ARod and Jeeter? Twin sons, different mothers.

4. Carl Everrett was reborn by coming to Boston.

5. Dan "The Man" Douquette, has the worst haircut in the majors. That should count for something.

6. Trot Nixon is a goof, but he can play.

7. The Sox stole 3 bases in one game last night. The Sox haven't stolen three bases aggregate since I was 18!

8. The Sam Adams on tap at the park is the best beer in the best ballpark in America!

9. El Guappo weighs in at 350 pounds, before having his pregame Fenway franks and Sam. (see reason #8 above) How can you not love this guy, especially if your over 40, like some of us?

10. Mrs. Yawkee was a babe!

Author: mghx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 4:31 PM
Carl Everett wasn't reborn, he just gets to work in Fenway instead of the dome. He was masher last year too. I'm an Astros fan also, and I hated to see him go, but fortunately the Stros aren't hurting for outfielders (if we could only get them all hitting on the same day).

Sam Adams?? Is that new this year??? Didn't see it last year. Best we could find was Amstel Light. That was tough after pre-game priming at Boston Beerworks.

Author: mustang51 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 4:47 PM
You die-hard Red Sox fans need to back away from the crack pipe!!

I'm a recently converted Sox fan (3 games at Fenway Sept. '99) but I think I still have some objectivity. I think they have a good chance but once you get past Pedro, the rest of their starters are journeymen or rehab projects. Granted, Rose looks good for a kid but lets see how does the second time around against everyone. Carl is damn good but let's see how many games he plays this year. And everyone in the pen is questionable except for Lowe. What happened to Beck? Did he finally fail the 400 lb. max. wt. limit?!

Glad to see some spirited action here finally....!!!

Author: mghx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/16/2000 5:40 PM
Hey, there's nothing objective about being a fan (which by the way is short for fanatic).

Do you think the 69 Mets fans were objective in analyzing their teams chances??? Or for that matter, the 67 Sox???

You be objective all you want. I am a fan of the Sox and Stros; logic need not apply!

Author: mustang51 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 108 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/17/2000 8:25 AM
Recommendations: 1
May 17 is a liiittle early for the hysteria of being 1 game up on the defending champs with 126 games left to play.

Party on....

Author: mghx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 5/17/2000 8:40 AM
You've been a Sox fan for less than a year. Give it another 40 and you'll understand.

Author: DrShowMe Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272 of 52509
Subject: Re: Poll: A Champion for the good of the game Date: 6/17/2000 2:26 PM
Recommendations: 2
Pittsburgh. Why not?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement