UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76094  
Subject: Poll: AIG Date: 10/4/2013 4:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Should I support using my tax dollars to bailout THAT DIVISION OF AIG?
Yes, AIG needs my money more than I do.
No, I kinda think those idiots have had enough of my charity

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73410 of 76094
Subject: Re: Poll: AIG Date: 10/4/2013 9:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
[THAT DIVISION ...]

What division?

What is the possible point of this poll? Are you really expecting anyone to select that they think AIG needs their money more?

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73431 of 76094
Subject: Re: Poll: AIG Date: 10/4/2013 4:51 PM
Recommendations: 0
I thought AIG was bailed out years ago. So now the issue is, the US govt wants to sell its stock in AIG to the public, so Mr. taxpayer gets most of his money back and maybe even makes a profit.

In what sense is selling AIG stock to the public a bailout?

Author: joelcorley Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73435 of 76094
Subject: Re: Poll: AIG Date: 10/4/2013 8:37 PM
pauleckler,

You wrote, I thought AIG was bailed out years ago. So now the issue is, the US govt wants to sell its stock in AIG to the public, so Mr. taxpayer gets most of his money back and maybe even makes a profit.

I would point out that this is also history. The Treasury sold it last stake in AIG on 12/14/2012.

If you believe Wikipedia, the USA made $22.7B on the AIG bailout.

AIG is now privately held and the government has no stake in the company.

- Joel

Author: joelcorley Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73436 of 76094
Subject: Re: Poll: AIG Date: 10/4/2013 8:52 PM
OCD,

I wrote, AIG is now privately held and the government has no stake in the company.

Technically the company is public, not private. But the government still has no stake.

- Joel

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement