UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ryuk One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2674  
Subject: Poll: Best Date: 2/24/2008 7:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Which would be the best overall stock to invest into? Please allow feed back to your answer.
Wrigley's
Bank Of America
Brinker International
CMG(Chipotle Mexican Grill)
KO(Coca Cola)

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: awesomestockdude Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1974 of 2674
Subject: Re: Poll: Best Date: 2/24/2008 9:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would have normally said KO or Wrigley's but recently I have noticed Bank of America (BAC). I believe that they could possibly be one of the next KOs. They have just been added to the DOW and at the recent market times, the have started coming down in price. I'm not saying they are great to buy now but who really knows? If we are going to go through a recession you should wait, but if we aren't, you might as well jump in. The problem is that nobody knows if we are going to go into a recession. I think there is a good chance that we will but still, I'm not saying to buy. I am sure though, that the stock will do good in long term but I'm not sure that now is the right time. That isn't that important though. What is important though is valueing a stock based on its quality, not off of timing.

Awesomestockdude

Author: mrparrotfez Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1976 of 2674
Subject: Re: Poll: Best Date: 2/24/2008 10:10 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's worth noting that with regard to one investing style, called 'Dogs of the Dow' and its variations, some of those specifically exclude the very highest yielding Dow stock on the grounds that it's also the most likely to be in real trouble.

At this time, the highest yielding Dow stock is BAC.

Author: nlcondit Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1980 of 2674
Subject: Re: Poll: Best Date: 2/25/2008 1:40 PM
One of the other things I would conider when looking at BAC is how they are handling their growth and the integration of acquisitions. They completed the purchase of LaSalle from ABN in the Autumn but how are they doing at retaining the customers, transitioning the systems etc? The biggest failure of most mergers and acquisitions is in the implementation (having orchestrated and been through a few). I don't know the answer but it is something to consider.

In general though, I think it is a great time to look at the banking and investment banking sectors because they have been so hard hit by the credit crunch. While they may not be at their bottom, they are well off their highs and people and companies will always ned money. I would keep the sector near the top of your list to study if you move beyond individual stocks and into sector studies.

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1982 of 2674
Subject: Re: Poll: Best Date: 2/25/2008 6:32 PM
In general though, I think it is a great time to look at the banking and investment banking sectors because they have been so hard hit by the credit crunch. While they may not be at their bottom, they are well off their highs and people and companies will always ned money. I would keep the sector near the top of your list to study if you move beyond individual stocks and into sector studies.

Ditto! I would only add that real estate has been beat up pretty bad as well. Might be a good time to get into banking stocks or real estate stocks. Both are out of favor, but how long can that last?

Author: awesomestockdude Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1985 of 2674
Subject: Re: Poll: Best Date: 2/25/2008 10:41 PM
StealthFisher, happy Fooliversery!!!! :-)

Awesomestockdude

Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1988 of 2674
Subject: Re: Poll: Best Date: 2/26/2008 10:24 AM
StealthFisher, happy Fooliversery!!!! :-)

Awesomestockdude

Thank you,it was a quick 10 years to be sure!

J.P.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement