Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GreatVintage1965 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Poll: Cervical Cancer Vaccine Poll Date: 9/21/2007 9:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Are you vaccinated?

If so, what was your experience like? Did insurance cover the cost? Who administered the shot? Were there any after affects?
I am female and HAVE been vaccinated
I am female and would NOT be vaccinated
I am male and HAVE been vaccinated
I am male and would NOT be vaccinated

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: AlsoChorizo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44355 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Cervical Cancer Vaccine Poll Date: 9/21/2007 11:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
My doctor is a bit wary as well. She is pretty much of the belief that if you are above 25 and have had more than two sexual partners you have been exposed to HPV. It may not be one of the four that are linked to cancer but there are so many strains and they are so prevalent that exposure is pretty much a given. She has also told me that as long as you get yearly exams that cervical cancer is preventable.

AC *the main concern is that insurance coverage will improve*

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44356 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Cervical Cancer Vaccine Poll Date: 9/28/2007 9:33 AM
Recommendations: 0
I'm past the age range for the vaccine, so it's not a consideration for me.

I know a young woman that got it a few months ago.  She said the shot was painful.  I don't remember if her insurance covered it. 

Another cervical cancer vaccine is due on the market shortly, so Merck has been trying to get market share before the competing vaccine is available. 

I remember a story on NPR some years ago about cervical cancer, it's very manageable with early detection.  And IIRC, there are a lot more poor women that get it because of lack of access to routine pap smears.

Cosmos

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement