Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Are you vaccinated?

If so, what was your experience like? Did insurance cover the cost? Who administered the shot? Were there any after affects?
I am female and HAVE been vaccinated
I am female and would NOT be vaccinated
I am male and HAVE been vaccinated
I am male and would NOT be vaccinated

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
My doctor is a bit wary as well. She is pretty much of the belief that if you are above 25 and have had more than two sexual partners you have been exposed to HPV. It may not be one of the four that are linked to cancer but there are so many strains and they are so prevalent that exposure is pretty much a given. She has also told me that as long as you get yearly exams that cervical cancer is preventable.

AC *the main concern is that insurance coverage will improve*
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm past the age range for the vaccine, so it's not a consideration for me.

I know a young woman that got it a few months ago.  She said the shot was painful.  I don't remember if her insurance covered it. 

Another cervical cancer vaccine is due on the market shortly, so Merck has been trying to get market share before the competing vaccine is available. 

I remember a story on NPR some years ago about cervical cancer, it's very manageable with early detection.  And IIRC, there are a lot more poor women that get it because of lack of access to routine pap smears.

Cosmos
Advertisement