Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Is it time to buy mor COST?
Yes
No

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Down 0.80% and you think this is a buying event??? It closed around the same as it did just two days ago. I'm not saying anything about buying or selling, just wondering about what made you single out today's "fall".

(Me, I'm happy to be long COST but don't intend to buy more.)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Down 0.80% and you think this is a buying event???

I didn't read it that way, but questions like this don't lend themselves to easy yes/no answers. I sure hope we're not actually voting on whether someone's going to buy shares.

The answer is ALWAYS the same. It depends. It depends on a lot more factors than can be articulated in a poll. Distilling those factors into a simple answer dilutes the utility of that answer completely.

But I voted "yes" anyway, because voting in all TMF polls is mandatory. : )

-n8 (long)
Take a look at this chart: http://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats20/COST.html

This stock has been on a rising recently. Can it go higher? Yes. Can it go lower? Yes. Personally I am in for the long haul and over time like many stocks this will go higher.

One thing I take into consideration with Costco is if we slipped into another recession would I continue to shop at Costco? My answer is yes. Folks would probably would be looking for deals on staples and Costco offers that advantage. I am not saying Costco is recession proof but it sure is better off than other companies.

Gary
No. of Recommendations: 2
Old saw: If you think it's worth buying, price only matters when you are deciding how much to buy.

Is it a good company? Yes.

Does it seem to have a long term value? Yes.

If I didn't have some already would I buy some now? Yes.

If I could afford to buy more, would I? Yes.

Does the research on the company hold up to all of the above yes responses? Yes.

Add more questions if you want.
Another question: Am I already overweighted in this stock?
Another question: Am I already overweighted in this stock?

In other words, "Does this stock make me look fat?"

A question you can only answer yourself.

-n8 (slightly overweight)
Has it become the 10 ton gorilla in your mix of stock? Not to worry if it's a good stock to begin with.

I had one of those that seemed to do nothing but grow and split and grow some more. I still have a lot of it but over the years that was the one I used to sell to buy other stocks. It's still the gorilla but that's okay - it's a good stock still.
Advertisement