UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 56837  
Subject: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/10/2013 1:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Apparently the Campfire folks think TMF liberals have doppels. Well do ya, punk?
Yup, I have mutliple doppels and use them.
I have a doppel and use it.
I have (a) doppel(s) and don't use it/them.
Don't have a doppel.
Do I have a doppel in my pants?

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48309 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/10/2013 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Too much trouble, and I don't get the whole doppel thing anyway. What's the point, unless it's 1) to agree with yourself, or 2) to totally flame someone that you don't like, but don't want anyone to know it's you.

I hope I'm not so insecure that I need to do either one!

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48315 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/10/2013 5:09 PM
Of course, we can expect RWCJ people to make their way over here and skew the poll toward multiple doppels.

Chili
no doppels since 1997

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48318 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/10/2013 7:23 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Of course, we can expect RWCJ people to make their way over here and skew the poll toward multiple doppels.

Chili"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chili,

This may be the first time I've heard "retire early financially independent" discussions described as if it were a game of "You
sank my battleship."

Howie52
Why worry about one board or another?
People do not have to agree about political perspectives.
Life would be too boring for words if everyone had the same
perspectives or if folks were to intimidated to voice their
opinions just because some folks disagree.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48319 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/10/2013 7:31 PM
Recommendations: 4
I can barely remember one username and password.

I like the rec system, not because I care about getting recs, but because I use them to decide which posts to read. I don't login to Fool every day and when I'm traveling sometimes go several days without logging in. When I do login, I look at how many hundreds of posts I haven't read on my Favorite boards, then I set an arbitrary threshold (like 25 recs or 50 recs). So I speed through the board index I haven't read and only bother to read those that exceed the threshold. Even when I login two days in a row, I usually set the threshold at 10 for PA. One reason I like REHP is because the number of posts is actually small enough that I can read most of the posts most of the time.

That's enough for me. I'm sure I miss a lot of good posts, but it's a great big world out there and TMF posts aren't a high enough priority for me to spend more time and energy than that.

I realize recs are more a reflection of how entertaining the FOOL audience finds the post as opposed to how valuable or well-researched. At least it seems that way to me. On many occasions I have posted fairly detailed well-researched posts on a topic that I know quite a bit about and they receive no recs, while some snarky off-the-cuff comment on PA might get 50 recs. Still, until they offer a better grading system, recs are the best guidance system I have.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48328 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/11/2013 11:22 AM
15% (4 Votes)

Anyone fessing up? Or are all 4 of you messing with us!

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48330 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/11/2013 12:16 PM
"15% (4 Votes)
--------------
"Anyone fessing up? Or are all 4 of you messing with us!" - Alstromeria

--------------

I don't have any doppels. I have changed my screen name a few times trying to find something besides ariechert. I finally settled on Art53 because it's simple and reflects who I am. But that was just a screen name change.

No doppels Art...

Art

Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48333 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/11/2013 12:42 PM
Recommendations: 3
Or are all 4 of you messing with us!

Or is one person messing with you 4 times?

PF

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48334 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/11/2013 1:13 PM
Recommendations: 2

I regret that I have but one rec to give to your chuckle-icious post :-)

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48338 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/11/2013 1:32 PM
Recommendations: 3

I gave you two recs for that post.

Author: icono5 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48340 of 56837
Subject: Re: Poll: Doppelgängers Date: 3/11/2013 4:19 PM
I voted "no," but since most RECF posters view liberal utterances as corrupt and incredible by definition, perhaps the best way to feed the beast is to "confess"--and cause a little momentary consternation. ;-)

Steve
-------------------------------

15% (4 Votes)

Anyone fessing up? Or are all 4 of you messing with us!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement