Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Dwalin Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 13916  
Subject: Poll: Errors Date: 11/3/2001 10:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Spelling; with homonyms
Spelling; with words that look fairly similar
Grammar; with apostrophe errors
Grammar/Spelling; other
Other

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Dwalin Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 13916
Subject: Re: Poll: Errors Date: 11/3/2001 10:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
By homonyms, I meant using words that don't fit at all, like saying "I took a picure with my camcorder," or something like that.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 13916
Subject: Re: Poll: Errors Date: 11/3/2001 10:46 PM
The mistake that most annoys me is the misuse of 'only.'

Only is singular. You may not write, "One of the only few . . ."

You may write, "One of the few . . ."

or

you may write, "The only . . ."

This seems to be the mistake that causes me to start talking to myself.

Nancy

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 13916
Subject: Re: Poll: Errors Date: 11/3/2001 11:02 PM
Recommendations: 1
Which kind of error in speech or writing (excluding factual errors) do you find most annoying?

I have to pick just one????

phantomdiver
waffling since 1902

Author: Dwalin Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 13916
Subject: Re: Poll: Errors Date: 11/4/2001 9:41 AM
I have to pick just one???? phantomdiver

You could pick the error that you see most often.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement