UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886520  
Subject: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/13/2012 10:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have flown on RyanAir.
No
Yes, it was a good value
Yes, Never again
Yes, maybe again
I don't like the choices

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868710 of 886520
Subject: Re: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/13/2012 11:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
a decent amount of my work is in Maintenance & Reliability.

It is very difficult to me to understand, at those prices, how they can maintain their equipment.

However, nearly everyone i know who has flown them, always pays extra for *something*
a seat assignment, a bag, early boarding something
and they are turning a profit, but I would like to see how much they spend on Preventive Maintenance, and my concern lies there - not in their employees or the comfort during flight

peace & skeptical
t

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868711 of 886520
Subject: Re: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/13/2012 11:41 AM
...and they are turning a profit, but I would like to see how much they spend on Preventive Maintenance, and my concern lies there....

Wasn't there a bargain basement, hi value/low-price/low-rent airline a while back....ValueJet, I think......that crashed into the Florida everglades because something very important was supposedly secured by something like Scotchtape or chewing gum or whatnot rather than something heavy duty.

Folk really do like to have it both ways. Cheap but safe, round and square, a cat that barks ...... until it bites back.

Author: swiing One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868712 of 886520
Subject: Re: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/13/2012 1:24 PM
Recommendations: 3
RyanAir never intends to implement most of these bizarre ideas. It is only to get media coverage and their name out there as a "low cost airline". They get tons of free advertising. There is one of these breakthrough ideas about every six months.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868713 of 886520
Subject: Re: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/13/2012 1:36 PM
I used to LOVE ValueJet.
Yes, they had one really bad accident - 20? years ago- where valves that should have been off were On.

After that accident they merged with AirTran, and dropped the name, and the public thinks it isn't the same company...and they have been incident free

peace & safety
t

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868714 of 886520
Subject: Re: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/13/2012 1:54 PM
Wasn't there a bargain basement, hi value/low-price/low-rent airline a while back....ValueJet, I think......that crashed into the Florida everglades

Oxygen cannisters were on board in the luggage compartment. They are hazardous material, and it was a violation of regulations for them to be on the plane. It will never be known if they weren't properly processed because they were believed to be empty or if they were accidently placed on board because the boxes were marked company owned material (no indication of being hazardous material).

Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868719 of 886520
Subject: Re: Poll: Flying Ryanair Date: 11/14/2012 9:14 AM
a decent amount of my work is in Maintenance & Reliability.

It is very difficult to me to understand, at those prices, how they can maintain their equipment.

However, nearly everyone i know who has flown them, always pays extra for *something*
a seat assignment, a bag, early boarding something
and they are turning a profit, but I would like to see how much they spend on Preventive Maintenance, and my concern lies there - not in their employees or the comfort during flight

peace & skeptical
t
Ditto. The Irish I know call them "Lyin'Air". Personally, I have read/heard/watched enough investigative stories into their sharp practices that I will never give them one red cent/penny of my money. (And yes, I'd rather believe an investigative journalist's story on the BBC than one of Michael O'Leary's press releases.)

This is a company that is on record for treating its cabin crew appalingly. I cannot imagine them treating their maintenance staff any better. Only the very desperate-for-a-job would want to work there.

- Pam (I'd rather walk to Spain, thank you very much.)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement