Apply it towards a gift item

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
You forgot "Sell it on eBay"
Dave
No. of Recommendations: 0
that's hilarious, i wonder what the ebay arbitrage is trading at (I saw a great looking, um sounding, air guitar somebody tried to sell and actually had a bidder or two).

another dave

that's hilarious, i wonder what the ebay arbitrage is trading at...

Last time I looked - which was over a week ago - they were going for $20 - $25. That was the whole package: Annual report and card.

KC
(who thought about it...)
No. of Recommendations: 1
I just discovered in my shareholder packet (the one inviting us to the annual meeting) a free Starbucks Card with $3.50 preloaded. Assuming you can still find yours, how would you spend it?

I hate to break it to you, but it's only $3.50! I already used my card towards the "fanciest hot coffee drink" that I usually get. Then I pulled out my usual card to cover the difference since $3.50 isn't enough.

MESuther13
(Thinking they should up it to $5.)
MES: The old saw in the coffee biz is -

Back in the good old days (whenever that was) coffee used to trade at $2/lb (green) and sell for 50 cents/cup

Now it trades at 50 cents/lb and $2/cup

(which explains why we are all long SBUX)

I guess 50 cents/lb green is now well over $1 (which is a good thing for all) but as you say, $2/cup ain't nearly enough.

PS for those into the math:
1 lb of green coffee = about 80-85% of 1 lb roasted coffee
1 lb of roasted coffee = 100 cups brewed at home by the average american
(ergo, even at $1.25/lb green, 1 cup costs about 1.5 cents; less for the commercial stuff that use a lot of cheap robusta beans)

1 lb of roasted coffee = (just a guess) maybe 40 shots espresso at Starbucks (any baristas out there who can confirm?) and yeah the yield will be at the low end due to the dark roast but still, maybe 4 cents/shot?? Of course does not include the milk and all the rest...
I just discovered in my shareholder packet (the one inviting us to the annual meeting) a free Starbucks Card with $3.50 preloaded. Assuming you can still find yours, how would you spend it?

I don't drink coffee, but I added $50 to mine using my Visa card so I could get the extra "free" $10. Then I used it on a grande hot chocolate (my drink of choice) and about 40% of a Maple Oat Nut Scone.

-n8 (yummeh.)

I guess I'm not average then, there is no way I'm getting 100 cups of coffee out of a pound of beans. Maybe 50 or so.

MESuther13

I guess I'm not average then, there is no way I'm getting 100 cups of coffee out of a pound of beans. Maybe 50 or so.

MESuther13

Me either. I figured out that 1 lb. of coffee lasts me about 3 weeks. I always make 3 cups a day five days a week to take to work and every so often I make 2 - 4 cups over the weekend. That would work out to about 50 - 60 (60 being the most) for me too.

KC
No. of Recommendations: 6
This free Starbucks card from them is another example of what a great company they are. Between myself and my wife and my 3 kids, and with various IRA accts and custodial accts, we have a large number of Starbucks shares spread between 8 different accounts. On all but one of the accounts, we've signed up for electronic delivery of their proxies, year end reports, etc. When we got the year end report and the Starbucks card for the one account that doesn't have electronic delivery, it reminded me to call & find out about getting the cards for the other 7 accounts. They barely asked me any questions when I called them, but they did thank me very much for enrolling in their electronic delivery as it helps them promote their corporate social responsibility of minimizing their environmental impact. Sure enough about 10 days later, a large envelope arrived with 7 more Starbucks cards in it!!

This is a great company and I hope to hold their shares for a long time.

-anOkie
it reminded me to call & find out about getting the cards for the other 7 accounts

I really should do this. I have two separate SBUX accounts and last year I did get two annual reports with two shareholder cards. This year I only got one and I noticed that it contained both proxies but only had one card.

Which number did you call?
How come you guys are all getting the proxies and the tickets (I know - too late now!) to the Annual Shareholder's Meeting? My packets didn't include the tickets.

Plus, every year I have to email SBUX to ask for my annual report and card and they send me back a snotty email telling me to get them from my broker. (Except this year - the second guy was actually NICE to me).

:-(

I really should do this. I have two separate SBUX accounts and last year I did get two annual reports with two shareholder cards. This year I only got one and I noticed that it contained both proxies but only had one card.

Which number did you call?

Now that I think about it, I didn't call them, I went to their web site & found their "Contact Us" information. Here's the link:

http://www.starbucks.com/customer/contact_forms.asp?nav=3f

Thnaks for posting the link to customer contact. I clicked onto the cards tab and found this great piece of information:

Use your Visa to reload $50 on a Starbucks Card. We'll add an extra $10.
Advertisement