Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ztsmart Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196899  
Subject: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/4/2005 2:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
ztsmart is sexy
ztsmart is cool
ztsmart is highly intelligent
ztsmart is witty and sarcastic

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118531 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/4/2005 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
you forgot "ztsmart can shampoo my crotch"

Author: jrsmith13 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118532 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/4/2005 3:41 PM
Recommendations: 9
How about "ztsmart is a troll"?

jrsmith13

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118543 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 1:22 AM
Recommendations: 10
Why don't you leave your trash over on the Atheist Fool board where it belongs.

God bless,

Rich

Author: JavaTraveler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118544 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 1:38 AM

See...they don't want his trash either.

Charlie

Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118545 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 8:16 AM
Recommendations: 7

God bless

Thanks for the passive-aggressive dig of a reply. What happened to Matthew 7:1-5?

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118546 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 12:35 PM
Recommendations: 9
"Thanks for the passive-aggressive dig of a reply."

Passive? I don't think I was passive. I think I was pretty darned blunt. Maybe crudeness is normal where you normally post, but it isn't appreciated here.

"What happened to Matthew 7:1-5? "

Nothing in there about not challenging someone who has a foul mouth.

God bless,

Rich

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118552 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 6:23 PM
"Maybe crudeness is normal where you normally post, but it isn't appreciated here."

Hmm, you don't seem to mind it when you do it.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22021352

Calling another board a trash can is pretty crude. Especially when they had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Physician, heal thyself.

Rebuking the original poster is fine, but to use it as an opportunity to dredge up past conflicts and take a cheap shot at another board reveals a lot about your character. And it ain't pretty.

Author: ChristianTrader Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118557 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 9:44 PM
Recommendations: 4
"Maybe crudeness is normal where you normally post, but it isn't appreciated here."

Hmm, you don't seem to mind it when you do it.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22021352

Calling another board a trash can is pretty crude. Especially when they had absolutely nothing to do with this.

What would Jesus and Paul call a board of atheists? Hint: It would be worst than a trash can.

Physician, heal thyself.

Rebuking the original poster is fine, but to use it as an opportunity to dredge up past conflicts and take a cheap shot at another board reveals a lot about your character. And it ain't pretty.

Why was that a cheap shot at another board? It seems you just give the other board more credit than it deserves.

CT

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118564 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 11:13 PM
Recommendations: 6
"Calling another board a trash can is pretty crude. Especially when they had absolutely nothing to do with this."

First of all I didn't say the AF board was a trash can, I said that this exchange belonged there.

Second of all, why would I mention the AF board? Well the post that started this all was explicitly labelled a cross post from AF.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22018559

And then the crude reply came from someone who has posted exactly twice in 2 years on CF while posting over 180 times on AF over the same time frame. Doesn't it seem a little strange that this person would respond here rather than on AF, the board where he customarily posts? Especially since presumably the post he is responding to is on both CF and AF? AF was the appropriate place for this trash because AF is where these people cusomarily post. If a guy from NY wants to pick a fight with a guy from NY, then fight in NY, don't clutter up California with the nonsense.

If you took my message as a slam on the AF board, it wasn't. I have no past conflicts with the AF board because I hardly ever read anything there and I certainly don't post there. I'm not even sure that I have ever posted there. I wouldn't swear I haven't, because I seem to remember posting a question there a few years ago, but I just did a search using the lame MF search function and couldn't find any. So I have no idea what past conflicts with the AF board you might be referring to.

Anyway, I am sorry that you misread the thrust of my message. But I stand by it.

God bless,

Rich

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118566 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/5/2005 11:16 PM
Rich ~

We have had our share of refugees from the AF board or mentality. It's great when someone honestly poses a question or wishes to discuss Christian faith but a lot of them are trolls that prefer to hit and run with their opinions. I am not interested in continuing dialog with them.

Robyn

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118573 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 2:08 AM
"First of all I didn't say the AF board was a trash can"

What you actually said was "Why don't you leave your trash over on the Atheist Fool board where it belongs."

So where exactly does trash belong? Maybe a trash can? You said trash belongs on the AF board.

"I said that this exchange belonged there."

This "exchange"? That is not what you said. Nice backpedal.

"Second of all, why would I mention the AF board? Well the post that started this all was explicitly labelled a cross post from AF."

Huh? I never questioned why you mentioned the AF board.

"Doesn't it seem a little strange that this person would respond here rather than on AF, the board where he customarily posts?"

Not really. A person often replies to where they first see the post. Many people read both boards.

"AF was the appropriate place for this trash because AF is where these people cusomarily post."

First of all, the original poster in this thread is a new poster (you can tell by the "New" graphic next to his name), so there isn't really any area where he customarily posts. Secondly, AF isn't the appropriate place for "trash" any more than CF is the appropriate place for "trash".

Posts like the original post in this thread, and the reply in question don't belong on any board. TMF is a worse place because people have to filter through them.

"Anyway, I am sorry that you misread the thrust of my message."

I am sorry that you think I misread the thrust of your message. I didn't. I read and understood your message perfectly. In fact, I agree with the general purpose and thrust of your message (Get this trash off this board), Unfortunately, you choose to express it in a poor way, I am really sorry you don't see this.

Maybe reversing the circumstances will help you. How would you feel if someone on another board describes CF as a place trash belongs?

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118574 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 4:06 AM
"So where exactly does trash belong? Maybe a trash can? You said trash belongs on the AF board.:

No, I said your trash (SuaSponteMark's message, and your refers to him) belongs there because that is where these two people normally post. And the fact that ztsmrt is a newby is really irrelevant. Because the specific post I was responding to was not the newby's but someone who has been around a long time and, as I stated, has a ratio of like 2:180+ in posts on CF vs. AF. So if he wants to dump a load of trash he should do it in his own place, not ours. AF is the place for trash posted by AF posters, when the post was crossposted there. There is no reason for him to have put it here rather than there. It was gratuitous. I neither said nor implied that trash in general belongs on AF, I was very clear that I was talking about SuaSponteMark's trash -- which does belong over on AF.

Look, I explained it and you choose to reject my explanation -- fine. If you continue to reject my explanation, fine. If you are determined to take offense, fine.

You are responsible for your reactions, not me. But I don't go dumping garbage over on AF, and I would expect people on AF to be just as critical as I've been, if someone from CF did there what SuaSponteMark did here.

This is my last word on the topic. Feel free to have the last word.

God bless,

Rich

Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118580 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 8:36 AM
Recommendations: 4
I was ripping on your newly arrived troll. You took a stab at me.

Have fun with him - he's all yours.

Mark

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118585 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 1:14 PM
Recommendations: 3
"I was ripping on your newly arrived troll. You took a stab at me."

You should have ripped on him in your own backyard, not ours. I rebuked you.

God bless,

Rich

Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118587 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 1:45 PM
Recommendations: 2
I rebuked you.

Not your job. Look up that "turn the other cheek" passage.

Mark

Author: Eyago Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118591 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 3:23 PM
Recommendations: 5
Mark,

I suppose you'll next be asking ro $400 as well.

Ron

Author: Fly2Retire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118594 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 4:42 PM
Recommendations: 12
I rebuked you.

Mark

Respectfully Mark, I say this. Aethists cherry-pick the Bible phrases they wish to use to their advantage. Christians also quote certain parts of the bible to support their positions. However, we also take the whole of the bible, its history, and its whole depth of meaning; to underscore our use of the Bible in living our lives.

As you do not use or value the Bible in the living of your life; I don't take any of your quotes (or the quoting of the Bible by any other Aethist) as legitimate, at all!

Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118600 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 7:01 PM
As you do not use or value the Bible in the living of your life

You have but the slimmest of notions of what I've read and utilized to formulate the means by which I live. Those works include the Bible, the Kabbalah, the Tao Te Ching, and any number of secular titles.

As the only chaplain I've had full respect for in the military said to us in Ranger school, it doesn't matter where you get your morality, just so long as it's reasonably intact.

Mark

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118601 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 7:09 PM
Recommendations: 19
"As the only chaplain I've had full respect for in the military said to us in Ranger school, it doesn't matter where you get your morality, just so long as it's reasonably intact. "

I hope it wasn't a Christian chaplain, because this is completely contrary to the essential tenets of Christianity.

God bless,

Rich

Author: Fly2Retire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118602 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/6/2005 7:09 PM
You have but the slimmest of notions of what I've read and utilized to formulate the means by which I live. Those works include the Bible, the Kabbalah, the Tao Te Ching, and any number of secular titles.

As the only chaplain I've had full respect for in the military said to us in Ranger school, it doesn't matter where you get your morality, just so long as it's reasonably intact.

Mark

Mark, as the Bible is God's love letter and life manual to those who love Him and His Son; I don't put much parlance into its total relevancy into you life, as I would it into a Christian's life. As you said yourself, you've utilized the Kabbalah, the Tao Te Ching and other literary works to guide your life.

Therefore, I maintain my original position on the matter. Again, respectfully.

Fly2Retire

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118605 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/7/2005 7:21 AM
Recommendations: 5
<<As you do not use or value the Bible in the living of your life; I don't take any of your quotes (or the quoting of the Bible by any other Aethist) as legitimate, at all! >>

We can expect to be judged by the standards we proclaim!

Author: ChristianTrader Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118608 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/7/2005 11:12 AM
<<As you do not use or value the Bible in the living of your life; I don't take any of your quotes (or the quoting of the Bible by any other Aethist) as legitimate, at all! >>

We can expect to be judged by the standards we proclaim!

It almost seems that you are saying this as a threat. There is a single standard by which we will be judged by regardless of how we judge. It is not as if we get off the hook by judging by some standard below God's standard.

CT

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118615 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/7/2005 12:35 PM
<<It almost seems that you are saying this as a threat. There is a single standard by which we will be judged by regardless of how we judge. It is not as if we get off the hook by judging by some standard below God's standard.

CT >>

As usual you state the teachings of men and ignore the teachings of the Christ!

Matthew 7
Judging Others
1“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Matthew 12:36-38 (New International Version)
36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

Luke 19:22
“His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant

You are correct that there is a base line for thos who reject the Christ.
John 12:47-49 (New International Version)
47“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. 49For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.

But the judgement of those who are his is different:

Matthew 5:7
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

James 2:13
because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

Luke 6:35-37 (New International Version)
35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
37“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Author: cowhoney Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118630 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/7/2005 10:15 PM
Recommendations: 0
......said to us in Ranger school....

Mark

////////////////

Didja make it through Ranger School?

Cowhoney

Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118638 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/8/2005 6:35 AM
Didja make it through Ranger School?

Yes, after two recycles for a broken foot.

Author: cowhoney Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118639 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/8/2005 9:22 AM
Recommendations: 3
Mark,

A salute on that accomplishment.

With all due respect, you are theologically misguided.

Cowhoney

Author: SuaSponteMark Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118646 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/8/2005 1:08 PM
A salute on that accomplishment.

Thanks - it was more persistance, foolishness, and stubbornness than aptitude.

With all due respect, you are theologically misguided.

I think we'll do best to agree to disagree here and leave it at that. Background here: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22013740&sort=username

Mark

Author: cowhoney Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118649 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 2/8/2005 1:56 PM
persistance, foolishness, and stubbornness

Mark

//////////////////////////

But for the faith issue I knew I saw some of me in your words.

Regards,
Cowhoney

Author: FULLERKZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119862 of 196899
Subject: Re: Poll: God is like the WIND! Date: 3/27/2005 11:28 AM
Hey rbednarski,

fullerkz here. I noticed UMM attacking you for things you said. Congratulations or as Jewish Fools say mazel tov.

Umm's game is that he likes to take your words that occasionally may lack absolute succinctness and try to distort them to demonize you or convolute your strong analysis.

He should be a political reporter or at least consider law school. He'd do very well.

Be not to harsh as his world is imploding all around him and it would be very un-Christian to promulgate his demise.

You see, the FOX network, along with C-SPAN(I have 3 C-Span channels),talk radio, and Internet blogs are rising in popularity. It is no coincidence that ABC,CBS,NBC and CNN ratings are falling. Back in the 1970's the 3 major networks enjoyed viewership rating in the 80;s percentile. Today it stand in the 30's percentile and continues to drop.

We are witness to a major transformation, a metamorphus if you will, in how we receive our news and data, and it is becoming better detailed and delivered faster.

Might I suggest the back to back bestsellers by Bernard Goldberg "BIAS" and "ARROGANCE" to better understand Umm's crumbling world. Do not be fooled for a minute by the bubble which still exists in the mainstream media. Dan Rather still works for VIACOM's CBS division, as do the four fired employees. Why is that? The ramifications are huge for that bulging bag of dirty laundry, and I suspect the resultant litigation from these dismissals is much more damaging than this elitist albeit imploding industry wishes to divulge.

HARDCOVER:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0895261901/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-0445214-2655223#reader-link

PAPERBACK:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060520841/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-0445214-2655223#reader-link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/044653191X/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-0445214-2655223#reader-link

You may find the first book actually somewhat transformational. I have read lots of books, mostly non-fiction, including the Torah and Holy Bible(Revised Standard Version, I now have a King James version I read), and I have found many other books to be more provocative, exciting etc, but like the Torah and Holy Bible, "BIAS" in it's relative simplicity hit me several weeks after I read it. How is that?

When I read a newspaper, watch network or cable tv, listen to the radio or read Internet blogs, I never view them the same way as I used to.

Not long ago I read a book by Edwin Black entitled "IBM AND THE HOLOCAUST."

WOW!!! I bet after reading this book you may be reluctant to give out accurate details when questioned in a census. The point is many amongst us in the general populace are increasingly more astute and skeptical of the imformation we once took for granted. There is resentment as well.

We must move forward and fortunately today we can better sort amongst the stories we will be told.....and they will be told.

TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL....

"SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF"

"Make no mistake about Viacom's diversified but solidly leftist plan for the expanse of culture it controls. Do you remember Paul McCartney's October 20,2001 Concert for New York City at Madison Square Garden? I certainly do. Aired on VH1, it was a benefit for the victims of the September 11 attack, and the audience was full of New York City firefighters and police officers, and of family members holding up pictures of fallen loved ones."

"Then Hillary Clinton walked onstage and the most remarkable thing happened---the heroes of 9/11 started booing. The audience exploded with shouts of "Get off the stage! We don't want you here!" After about 20 seconds of this, she left."

"While the reaction of New York's Finest and Bravest is in itself enlightening, what VH1 did to that segment is even more so. For the rerun of that program on Christmas Day 2001, VH1 digitally erased the boos and catcalls aimed at Hillary Clinton and replaced them with cheers and applause. This altered version was used for the DVD commemorating the event, cementing into historical record a version of reality altered to fit Viacom's preferred worldview."*****

*****Excerpt from Tammy Bruce's best seller "THE DEATH OF RIGHT AND WRONG"

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement