Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFBreakerRick Big red star, 1000 posts Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5879  
Subject: Poll: Google or Gold? Date: 11/28/2005 8:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Gold
Google
Neither, cash please

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: satxdwb Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5466 of 5879
Subject: Re: Poll: Google or Gold? Date: 11/30/2005 5:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I hope you're right, Rick. I finally broke down and bought 25 stubs of goog yesterday. And I usually buy micro and minicaps recommended by Hidden Gems and Rule Breakers.
Cheers,
Dennis

Author: givmeabreak One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5470 of 5879
Subject: Re: Poll: Google or Gold? Date: 11/30/2005 10:28 PM
Rick, when are you gonna make the Google an official pick?

Author: AeroFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5479 of 5879
Subject: Re: Poll: Google or Gold? Date: 12/11/2005 8:27 PM

Gold should continue to be the beneficiary of the US Government's only way out of $8 trillion dollars in national debt and eventual disinterest abroad in foreign purchase of US treasuries. We will have to monetize the debt and the Fed as said as much because we simply cannot afford the interest on the debt, let alone principal. Two choices exist ultimately - default or inflate. Defaulting is the same as deflation in a debt environment such as ours, so there is no choice. The Fed will continue to print money at irresponsible levels.

The upside will be for gold as the US dollar purchasing power (already down 93%+) since central bank inception in 1914, continues to degrade. No fiat currency has ever survived and certainly not with the kinds of structural problems we see here.

We just may be seeing a few smart investors waking up to the fact that the US dollar (and other fiat paper) cannot possibly retain the wealth that investors would like to preserve since governments have yet again succumbed to that recipe for monetary disaster that has occurred over and over again throughout history for 2,000 years with fiat (non gold back currencies): Being unable to resist turning on the printing presses and spending money that we do not have. Current price increases in gold (only in the last couple weeks) may be attributable to the Japanese protecting against a falling yen. Will Japan foretell the future of US markets yet again? Do we need it to? We already know the fate of the US dollar. The only question is when and how long will it take.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement