UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308660  
Subject: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 7:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
What's your situation?
No debt of any kind.
Just mortgage debt, no problem paying it off.
Just mortgage debt, having problems paying as agreed.
CC/student loans/car/medical/family/personal debt, no prob paying as agreed.
Credit card and/or other debt, having trouble paying it off.

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305264 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 9:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
We need an option of "taking advantage of 0-1% debt with cash in the bank just in case"

I owe on a Dell laptop, but hey if they are going to offer 12 months at 0%, I'll leave my savings alone.

Lara Amber

Author: ems79 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305265 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 9:51 AM
Recommendations: 2
Another good option might be: "Just mortgage, paying as agreed, but struggling"...

"...no problem paying it off" implies you could pay the entire mortgage off, as opposed to that you are making monthly payments as agreed.

I've got mortgage and small car and 0% loans. I can pay them all as long as I'm employed with my current salary up to -15% (looks around shiftily)

Author: TheDrake2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305266 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 11:01 AM
Recommendations: 0
How about mortgage debt plus low rate debt only.

The Drake

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305267 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 11:36 AM
Unfortunately there are only five choices allowed, so she had to make do with the five general categories. I suggest that people just pick the one that's closest, unless they want to start a second poll with the other possibilities.

Nancy

Author: ThyPeace Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305268 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 5:57 PM
Having looked at the results, my thought is that the problem is that most readers don't actually have credit card and consumer debt. Could be that means this board is very successful at getting people back out of their debt (it has certainly helped me), or it could mean that there aren't enough people finding out about it so they aren't coming here to get help.

Or plenty of other things too, of course.

ThyPeace, trying to remember what fraction of new posters disappear and how quickly.

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305269 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 8:11 PM
None of the above, unless you consider "credit card debt paid in full every month" as no debt.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305270 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 8:56 PM
I had to pick "Just mortgage debt, no problem paying it off", as my true answer wasn't there, which would be "Just mortgage and student loan debt, no problem paying it off".

Author: xtn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305271 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/13/2012 10:15 PM
None of the above, unless you consider "credit card debt paid in full every month" as no debt.

If you think people may consider it as no debt, then it's probably the best choice for you to pick if you want to participate in the poll. I'm in the same boat and it's what I picked.

xtn

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305287 of 308660
Subject: Re: Poll: Got debt? Date: 6/16/2012 1:27 PM
I would consider that "no credit card debt", as you aren't really carrying it month-to-month, which is what I think this poll is asking about.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement