Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39756  
Subject: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/8/2003 12:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Great
Above Average
Good
Below Average
Bad

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: RustyMath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4666 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/8/2003 2:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
G: Aebishcer, Nabokov

This is going to be your weak spot. I don't see Abeschier picking it up for the Avs. They may have to make a move for Cujo, which of course, will piss me off to no end. I'd like to see the Avs weak in net and the Wings stuck with Joseph's salary.

Rusty

Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4667 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/8/2003 3:14 PM
C: Yashin, Jokinen
LW: Shanahan, Naslund
RW: Gaborik, St Louis
D: Morris, Schneider, Rafalski, Berard
G: Aebischer, Nabokov
Bench: Comrie, Boguniecki, Gelinas, & Sami Salo

Gaborik is unsigned for now and could be warming your bench for the early part of the season.

I agree with Rusty insofar as your Gs appear to be your weak spot. Nabokov wasn't that hot last season and Aebischer is untested as a full-time #1. Tis very likely that COL would pickup Joseph if and when he hits waivers which will drop Aebischer's value significantly.

On that note, if your league requires three starts from your Gs you should seriously consider picking up another G just in case, otherwise it will be a long season.

g!

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4668 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/8/2003 5:31 PM
In this league, Turco went 1st (I took Naslund w/ the 2nd pick, but expeected to get Tuzzi).

I might catch someone napping here based on picks.

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4669 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/8/2003 5:47 PM
From this roster, who would I trade? More important (or for curiosity sake) do you grab an Yzerman?

Amazing how much of "your sport" I'm talking about when "mine" just kicked off.

Thoughts????????? Who's trade-bait?

Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4671 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/9/2003 11:42 AM
From this roster, who would I trade?

It all depends what you can get in return. If there is a GM in your league who is deep in net but weak on offense you might be able to offer something. You are deep in C. Yashin, Jokinen, and Comrie will all score bundles of points. I'm not sure who's skating with Comrie now but he was part of a deadly tandem before Carter was traded to the NYR last season.

Boguniecki also had a very good rookie season and one could expect good things this year too. Of course, there's the "sophmore curse" that mysteriously affects some players and they disappear for a season, only to breakout in the next one (i.e. Hejduk).

Salo seems to have finally found a home in VAN. He "played" in OTT but was prone to injury and not always from the game. Anyway, I was impressed enough to pick him up for a few games last season down the stretch. The Foolish VAN contingent (KingMob/Tecmo/AdmiralTroll) could probably tell you more about him.

Another thing to do is scour the waiver wire and see whose available. I'm pretty sure that MIN is going to rotate two goalies again this year (some Wild fan can correct me if I'm wrong on this) and that's fortysome starts each assuming everyone stays healthy.

More important (or for curiosity sake) do you grab an Yzerman?

Be my guest. I like Yzerman but there's no way I'd draft him until the later rounds. JMHO...

Amazing how much of "your sport" I'm talking about when "mine" just kicked off.

Your draft is over and our draft is on the horizon. My thinking is that somebody's got to defend their crown. <wink><wink> :)

=======================

FWIW, Berard is another man w/o a team right now too. He used to play for BOS but they didn't want anything to do with his arbitration decision and cut him loose.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19447788

Still he had a great season last year too and I fully expect he'll be playing somewhere by the time the season starts (or shortly thereafter).

g!

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4672 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/9/2003 5:18 PM
Recommendations: 1
Stevie Y is still on the waive wire.

"My thinking is that somebody's got to defend their crown. <wink><wink> :)"

My extra Non-Football moments are getting prepared for it. Should be fun.

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4673 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/9/2003 7:27 PM
Nabokov wasn't that hot last season

Yes, but he held out last season getting a late start ... and the D sucked for the most part all season long. He could be back in rookie season form this year if he shakes off the sophomore jinx.

Prometheuss

Author: k1ngmOb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4675 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/10/2003 1:49 AM
Berard is another man w/o a team right now too. He used to play for BOS but they didn't want anything to do with his arbitration decision and cut him loose.

Not quite so true. Due to a loophole in the arbitration "guidelines" BOS is counting on another team to sign Berard for less than what the Bruins had offered, in which case Boston would be able to match the offer and keep Berard for less than what Berard had originally asked from the B's.

If they can get away with it, it's a fiscally wise move. I'm just surprised Brian Burke hasn't attempted it yet.

Keith...

Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4677 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/10/2003 10:16 AM
Interesting. It does sound like a pretty tricky move if you can get away with it. This must mean that Berard is a restricted FA - I didn't think he was...

Thanks KingMob!

g!
<loopholes - get me every time... :)>

Author: GentlemanBandit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4678 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/10/2003 10:38 AM
Yes, but he held out last season getting a late start ... and the D sucked for the most part all season long. He could be back in rookie season form this year if he shakes off the sophomore jinx. - Prometheuss

Agreed. San Jose did seem to have the deck stacked against them early last year and it certainly exacted a toll on their season.

Last year was only Nabokov's 2nd season? I thought he'd been around a little longer that...

g!

Author: k1ngmOb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4679 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/10/2003 11:28 AM
Recommendations: 1
Hey GB, here's a little more detail on the Berard situation...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story.asp?ID=50149&hubName=nhl-bruins

Keith...

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4680 of 39756
Subject: Re: Poll: How did I do? Date: 9/10/2003 11:48 AM
Last year was only Nabokov's 2nd season? I thought he'd been around a little longer that...

I guess the glory seasons <extreme sarcasm> are all bluring together after the melt down last year. Calder Trophy 2000-2001.

Prometheuss

EVGENI NABOKOV 20
Goalie
Height 5' 11"
Weight 165
Catches Left
Born Jul 25, 1975
UST KAMENOGORSK, KAZ

Drafted by the San Jose Sharks in the ninth round (219th overall) of the 1994 NHL Entry Draft, Nabokov exploded onto the NHL scene in 2000-01. That season, Nabokov captured the Calder Trophy -- given to the League's top rookie -- and earned a trip to the All-Star Game by going 32-21-7 with a 2.19 goals-against average.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement