I was raised Christian and still am
I was raised non-Christian (but religious) and have since converted
I was raised atheist and have since converted
I am not a Christian

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
You forgot one-

I was raised a Christian, became a devout atheist, and am now a Christian.

Mark me down.

k
No. of Recommendations: 3
I was raised in a non-Christian family that attended a liberal Methodist church. I became interested in Baha'i (well, I dated a Baha'i, and thought it made more sense than anything else I'd heard, until I realized it didn't make any sense), then Theosophy, then Buddhism. I practiced zen meditation. I became an atheist. Then was saved by Christ when I finally acknowledged the truth.

Which option would that be?

TDT
No. of Recommendations: 2
By the way, mystic fool, I noticed your remarks concerning this and your education poll on AF. Do you really expect to find that Christians are less educated than non-Christians? Our university wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Christianity.

And do you really expect to find food to fuel a condescending sense of humor? Whatever, dude.

TDT
Mysticfool ~

I was raised in a Christian home although my parents weren't much into discussion. My mom was the organist, my dad the choir director, I was involved in choir and the youth program at church.

You might find this a bit different but I became totally converted to Christ watching a "Praise the Lord" show with Paul and Jan Crouch. It was 25 years ago when they had a shower curtain for a backdrop and sat on regular chairs.

I still have a hard time with her appearance and emotionalism but I heard the truth and God touched me. It pays to look past appearances and preconceived notions of what a Christian is supposed to look and sound like. As long as the Gospel is preached then we need all kinds of people for others to relate to.

Robyn

Do you really expect to find that Christians are less educated than non-Christians?

I do not expect to find that Christians are less educated than non-Christians. My Mother is a Christian with a Ph.D. I would have been more education-specific with my CF poll if that were my intent. As a Christian-turned-Atheist surrounded by Christian-raised-Christian-still-Christians, I was wondering how my family/community compared to CF. My AF poll led to this, but I figured hopping over here and being condescending would not help the poll results much so I modified my intent.

Our university wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Christianity.

I am inclined to think that is more of a result of the social dominance of Christianity, but I admit to knowing nearly nothing on the topic.

And do you really expect to find food to fuel a condescending sense of humor? Whatever, dude.

I find it all the time. Not with everyone I talk to, just a select few.

-mystic
The poll does not offer the Biblical answer, which is:

Ephesians 1
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and
blameless in his sight. In love
5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in
accordance with his pleasure and will--
6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

John
No. of Recommendations: 5
Heh... put THIS one in your noodle...

I was raised Christian.
Went to college, continued to go to and be active in a church.
After graduation, continued to go to church and be quasi - active.

I've been Christian for a month.

hee hee hee.

And I have learned so much in that month that I have been missing the previous "x" years. The big one: calling oneself a Christian and going to "y" church faithfully is quite different that walking WITH the Lord and Spirit, and opening your heart to God's will.

The opening my heart part is what was stopping me. May have had something to do with my very "thinking" church... and nothing against thinking churches, because your mind needs to be satisified as much as your soul (I am an engineer, after all) but I think I was letting my mind stand in the way of my soul.

Thank God that I opened myself up to Him!

Thanks for listening :)

No. of Recommendations: 0
Praise God!
fivesolas,

Ephesians 1: 4-6.

Thank you.

Rick, the Reformed glampig
No. of Recommendations: 1
Just wondering how/when the conversion took place for CFers.

You left out one of the most common responses.
I was raised in a Christian home and be came a Christian when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and yielded my life to Him.

Being raised in a Christian home no more makes you a Christian than being raised in a bakery makes you a cake or a baker.
No. of Recommendations: 0
As of this moment there are 24 professing Christians and 23 professing non-Christians on Christian Fools.

Interesting Demographic.
Advertisement